University in Rolla remains on lockdown after gunman spotted on campus

This is a discussion on University in Rolla remains on lockdown after gunman spotted on campus within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This story is just unfolding. Not many details are available yet. Ironically, just yesterday the Missouri Senate passed House Bill 294 that among other things ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SIGP250

Thread: University in Rolla remains on lockdown after gunman spotted on campus

VIP Member

University in Rolla remains on lockdown after gunman spotted on campus

This story is just unfolding. Not many details are available yet.

Ironically, just yesterday the Missouri Senate passed House Bill 294 that among other things changes the concealed carry age requirement from 23 to 21.

The bill still needs to be signed by the Governor. I hope this incident does not delay the bill from becoming a law.

University in Rolla remains on lockdown after gunman spotted on campus | KMOV.com St. Louis

House Bill

www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6767
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Ironically, just yesterday the Missouri Senate passed House Bill 294 that among other things changes the concealed carry age requirement from 23 to 21.

The bill still needs to be signed by the Governor. I hope this incident does not delay the bill from becoming a law.
    I'm not sure I would be worried about it...it's quite obvious this person was NOT a law-abiding citizen....he was a criminal who was bound and determined to carry: on a federal installation and a college campus. The law was not going to prevent him from doing a thing.

The Gov should sign the bill
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I'm not sure I would be worried about it...it's quite obvious this person was NOT a law-abiding citizen....he was a criminal who was bound and determined to carry: on a federal installation and a college campus. The law was not going to prevent him from doing a thing.

The Gov should sign the bill
    True, we can't worry about stupid people who carry where prohibited. It dose not appear that anyone was shot. The moron was just seen carrying on campus.

The Governor should sign the bill. Most gun reform legislation gets passed in Missouri. It is normally a non partisan effort. All the politicians here understand that firearms and hunting is part of our culture in Missouri. The Senate did revise the final bill. Originally, it was worded to change the CC age minimum from 23 to 18.

If you have a free moment to write to Missouri Governor Jay Nixon urging him to sign the Bill, please do so.

Contact Us

(best to use a Missouri address and zip code) Phone area codes 573, 636, 314, Zip Codes beginning with 63101..02 03, etc.)

Thanks,

Jim
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Might I just add some levity to the situation and note that it's rather ironic that he was spotted entering "McNutt" Hall...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    True, we can't worry about stupid people who carry where prohibited. It dose not appear that anyone was shot. The moron was just seen carrying on campus.
    Reading the article, the BG attempted to enter Ft Leonard Wood, but was chased off by MPs...then the guy drove to the college to ditch...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Suspect in custody with reportedly non life threatening wounds.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    Suspect in custody with reportedly non life threatening wounds.
    In MO that means he got a little street justice for good measure.

Oops, didn't mean to wack you upside the head. My baton just slipped a few times while you were resisting.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    - Zen Saying

I need a little help understanding this story.
    How does a guy with his record get out of jail early?

Willcoxson is a convicted felon and was released from jail in 2008 for good behavior after serving three years out of a seven-year sentence for 2nd Degree Burglary, Escape from a County Jail and Assisting Escape of a Prisoner. He was released early because he earned 22 days of good behavior credit for every 30 days of his sentence. He also got credit for the time he served in jail between jail breaks.

He escaped from jail three times and was convicted for two home break-ins in Oklahoma.

Willcoxson’s escape from jail was a violent one that involved eight other inmates. Some beat up a jailer, stole a rifle and broke out of the Delaware County jail in 2000. He previously broke out of the same jail in 1998 and 1999.

Our Justice System at it's finest perhaps.
    Too bad they didn't put him down permanently!
    It's obvious he had no problem firing at Police with deadly weapons.
    Sounds like he is one of those that just needs killing!
    Shame they didn’t shoot straighter!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Annnnd, "time off for good behavior"??????

What counts as "bad behavior"??????

Oh noes! He ignored the law about no felons with guns.

Links