LA: Pier Part Shooting - 2 Dead

LA: Pier Part Shooting - 2 Dead

This is a discussion on LA: Pier Part Shooting - 2 Dead within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 die in Pierre Part morning shooting | Latest News | 2theadvocate.com — Baton Rouge, LA...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: LA: Pier Part Shooting - 2 Dead

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Good positive comments by the Sheriff about the CCWr.
    Harryball and 8th ID like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    A man sitting in the restaurant at the time who was armed and had a concealed carry permit tried to get involved, pulled out his gun and starting shooting at French, Waguespack said.
    The two exchanged gunfire before both men went outside of the restaurant, Waguespack said
    Had he not gotten involved one has to wonder how many more would have died, good job on the CCWer and on the Sheriff’s comments.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Its right down from the road from me, next parish down. Things can go bad quick! Also the correct spelling is Pierre Part. The Sheriff is a very good lawman, i recently had to work with his agency in a a homicide.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    good job by the citizen but the event was preventable in a number of ways.
    one way may be--the restraining order needed to be more than words on paper. upon issuing such a order the judge should make available to the woman a list of recognized instructors and allow for her permit to be fast tracked upon compilation of the class...and a days worth of one-on-one instruction. the gun is given her free from those 'buy-backs'. she is instructed with that gun and has to promise to only shot the SOB whose been restrained on paper.

silly, perhaps. but it does give the aggrieved party at least a fighting chance.
    right now, she is dead...and thats forever.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    I'll add a little bit more to this:

PIERRE PART A 51-year-old man killed himself after gunning down his ex-girlfriend Tuesday morning at the Pierre Part restaurant where she worked, police said. A restaurant patron who exchanged shots with the killer was wounded.

Paul French, 114 Derrick St. Lot B, walked through the door of Landry's Seafood restaurant on La. 70 about 9:30 a.m. and opened fire, killing 42-year-old Michelle Borer, 134 Mary Ann St. Lot A, Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack said.

A customer, who the restaurant owners and neighbors identified as Robert Nagin of Pierre Part, was shot in the abdomen after he shot Paul in the chest. Five employees were inside the restaurant, including Borer, when French started firing, the owners said, though no other injuries were reported.

Borer, a mother of three adult children, was shot multiple times and was killed near the back door of the restaurant after trying to run outside.

French shot himself in an adjacent backyard after he was wounded by Nagin, who was carrying a legally concealed pistol, Waguespack said. Nagin was taken to Thibodaux Regional Medical Center and was in stable condition Tuesday night, authorities said. No charges will be filed against him, Waguespack said.

The shooting came 11 days after French was released from jail on a $5,000 bond. He had been arrested May 4, after Pierre Part Justice of the Peace Bridget Landry issued a warrant for French's arrest for violating a protective order Borer had obtained.

Landry said Borer documented several instances in which French left voicemails and text messages in violation of the order. French also called Borer's phone while she was in her office, Landry said, adding that Borer was afraid of him.

More of the story here:
    Two dead, one wounded in Pierre Part murder-suicide | HoumaToday.com
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

There are those who will only be dissuaded from their evil intentions by force.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Good comments by the Sheriff, glad the armed patron was there, he should have kept shooting once he started, till the threat was removed, however, if he was shot himself, this may not have been possible.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

mel
    Props to Mr. Nagin and the Sheriff on how this tragedy could have been much worse. I hope Mr. Nagin recovers fully.

Sadly my Cousin just last week, almost went though this same scenario with her boyfriend.
    He was a nightmare like French.
    Only she didn't wait for him to take her out. She ran over him with her car.
    Now she's in jail on Murder charges.
    Her BF violated restraining orders too.
    I tried to get her to arm herself and instructed her on the Castle Doctrine.
    A lot to her story, but it was headed to the same climax ending.

Sad.
    Restraining orders are a joke!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

mr nagin recovery

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Props to Mr. Nagin and the Sheriff on how this tragedy could have been much worse. I hope Mr. Nagin recovers fully.
    I have been a friend to bob Mr Nagin for many years he is a kind and loving person who will help anyone in need especially a defenseles woman. As far as his recovery it will take some time but he is doing better. His emotional state however is not as good. Bob is a stong man and im sure in time ALL WOUNDS will heal. He did what he felt he needed to do with no thought for his own safety. He would do the same for anyone. I totally believe bob is a true hero even though he would never say that. and as for the remarke restraining orders are ajoke this has never been a truer statement that piece of paper cant save anyone. Thank God for those people that just dont sit back and do nothing.
    mel likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickie g View Post
    I have been a friend to bob Mr Nagin for many years............
    Thanks for the update and I hope Mr Nagin makes a quick and full recovery. Most of us here are concealed weapon permit holders. Are the local news reports accurate about exactly what happened and how it happened? Any additional information that you could provide would be appreciated. This story can be a "learning experience" to anyone who might find themselves in the same position as Mr Nagin.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I wish i could tell you the full story but as of right now i still dont know the complete story from what i understand i think bob was trying to reload his gun after he was shot and maybe fell or tripped trying to get to his vehicle once again not completly sure on that part all i can tell you is he is doing better and can tell you he is a very responsible gun owner and knows how to carry and use a weapon correctley as for any woman who feels her life may be in danger get some good training learn how to protect yourself my sympathy goes out to this poor womans family. but bob did what he could and am sure he would do it again if ever needed. I myself was a victim at one point i bought a gun and learned how to use it. I no longer have a gun but do plan on getting another one soon.

CCW person may have kept the guy from shooting further, and other people as well. Too bad he got hit and hope he does well.

Koodo's to the Sheriff for his comments ........
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickie g View Post
    I wish i could tell you the full story but as of right now i still dont know the complete story from what i understand
    Thanks anyway, if and when you hear more of it, feel free to come back here and post it.

If you haven't already, check out Cornered Cat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links