Home Invasion:They took his guns too!

This is a discussion on Home Invasion:They took his guns too! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man, 76, Tied Up In Blanket For 2 Days - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston I do not know the entire story,but I have ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By JOHNSMITH
  • 1 Post By ArkhmAsylm

Thread: Home Invasion:They took his guns too!

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Home Invasion:They took his guns too!

Man, 76, Tied Up In Blanket For 2 Days - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

I do not know the entire story,but I have a hunch this man was just a 'gun owner'.Just owning guns will not help you.Many people probably fit in this poor seniors category.The thieves took property including his guns.If you cannot get to your gun,and/or, you are not willing to defend yourself,why bother with guns?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

There are those who make no connection between guns and self defense. They view them only as hunting and sporting tools.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    There are those who make no connection between guns and self defense. They view them only as hunting and sporting tools.
    True,that did not occur to me.Maybe people in that category should at least secure their guns,instead of sticking them in a closet or a drawer.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Some burglars showed up to one guy's house (recently) in the country, and also stole all of his guns. He has a shop with lots of tools behind the house and thought they might come back. So, he borrowed an AR from a friend...... few nights later... he is awaken by 2 guys inside his house and 2 others were breaking into the shop out back.

2 inside the house shot.... both had facial wounds, all 4 jumped in vehicle and raced away...

He was "arrested" ...... after heat from the public and an investigation, all charges were appropriately dropped.
    The debate was, where they were when he shot them..... in the house, or outside running away, and the blood inside the house was a big hint.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Just owning guns will not help you.
    Owning a Steinway grand piano does not make one a pianist...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I know a guy that it would take him at least 5 minutes to get a gun out and ready to use it,In my case it would take about 1.5 seconds
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Owning a Steinway grand piano does not make one a pianist...
    Well, that explains it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Unfortunate. There is indeed that "school" of thought when it comes to gun ownership. An old bolt action, maybe a two-shot old 870 used only for hunting, kept unloaded, in a glass and wood cabinet somewhere visible. Or, the revolver purchased decades ago but shot only once... and kept unloaded with ammo somewhere, not to be remembered or found.

A single shot shotgun can help you defend yourself just fine, but it has to at least be available...
    8th ID likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    THIS would be one of the reasons that I now carry in & around the home.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links