Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale.

This is a discussion on Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not at all what it appears to be. Journalistic sensationalism? Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale The headline caught my eye & made me ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale.

Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale.

Not at all what it appears to be. Journalistic sensationalism?

Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale

The headline caught my eye & made me read it but then it was "Whatthe...".

The main thing was why?! Why where these weapons confiscated when even the article states they are legal.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    We must get those evil fakes off the streets; you could put an eye out with them or go hoarse shouting “bang bang” while running around.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Oh, and Airsoft Claymores? Really? Who buys these anyway?
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

I have a higher quality gas operated Glock 21 replica that i use for basement practice and just shooting cans off of my balcony. It even ejects replica .45 ACP shells. Pretty cool, actually.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    ...and next they'll take your car because you could drive it drunk and hurt someone, then they'll put your dog to sleep because he could bite the mailman, then they'll take your silverware because you might poke your eye out with the fork or butter your hand with the knife...doing good has no end. You can't legislate laws to protect the stupid from themselves.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If they are not illegal, and they were not used in a crime, the owner should be able to get them back.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

[
    "If somebody did a home invasion on your home carrying these types of weapons, you would not be able to know the difference," he added.

Read more: Replicas of military-style weapons seized in Avondale
    If somebody is doing a home invasion at my residence,I couldn't give a rats ass if they had a slingshot,they will be met with deadly force
    JOHNSMITH and Deuce130 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"We make split-second decisions out there every day and if someone were to produce this type of a weapon - a citizen, a bad guy, whatever - an officer's not going to be able to know the difference and they're going to act accordingly based on what they see and the perceived threat," Gonzales said.
    I know they thew in there "A citizen..." indicating a law abiding good guy, but this reads like they are protecting the BGs now from potential death by officer for using a replica in commission of a crime.

Anybody see the next "banned item" law coming up?

IIRC - It is law that Air soft and other firearm looking "toys" were required to have the blaze orange muzzle on them to distinguish the difference. I know mine do, even one of the packaging has the law stamped on the box.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    IIRC - It is law that Air soft and other firearm looking "toys" were required to have the blaze orange muzzle on them to distinguish the difference. I know mine do, even one of the packaging has the law stamped on the box.
    Federal law requires the orange tip for importation in to the United States and later sale. Once they are in and sold, you can do what you want with the tip. None of mine have them.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    If it looks real, and I feel threatened...the only danger I see is to the idiot that tries to rob me with an airsoft gun...
    Proud NRA member

Links