Manís concealed handgun saves him and his dog

This is a discussion on Manís concealed handgun saves him and his dog within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I always carry, even to take my dogs out for a few minutes to do their business. MANíS CONCEALED HANDGUN SAVES HIM AND HIS DOG<br>When ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Manís concealed handgun saves him and his dog

Manís concealed handgun saves him and his dog

Saber and red13 like this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    °CuŠnto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - Renť Marquťs

2. Remove Ads

Three Pit bulls running around unleashed.... That's just ridiculous! I think the owner should be sited and ordered to pay any and all medical bills related to the incident.
    Freedom Doc likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Ė Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Ė Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    And replace his ammo.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I was attacked by 2 pitbulls 18 years ago. I was in my own yard sweeping the sidewalk and all I had was a broom. My handgun was in the house. After that day I carried my handgun in a shoulder holster in my yard.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    And replace his ammo.
    ...and have his gun professionally cleaned...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You just never know! All in all, a good ending.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Irresponsible ownership allowing the three powerful dogs off leash and the natural pack mentality to take over and escalate into a near tragic event is inexcuseable on the part of the owner.
    I have staffordshire terriers and dobermans and I understand how dangerous these breeds can be if not properly trained and controlled by their owner.
    Owners need to be held civilly and criminally responsible for the actions of their uncontrolled animals.
    My dogs are faithful,loyal and under control at all times inside and outside their home. Just like with firearms, with ownership there comes responsibility.
    TVJ, IWLAFART, joker1 and 1 others like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The police are investigating the discharge of a firearm angle. Hopefully there won't be any issue for the gun owner there. Good thing the witnesses stepped up to the plate to confirm the story.
    "An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
    Anon.

VIP Member
    Had the damn things rounded up, and then they {the pits} decided they weren't finished.
    Guy should get a heavy fine for leash law violation, endangering the public, etc, etc, etc,,,,,,,,

$2000.00 dollars.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZippr View Post
    The police are investigating the discharge of a firearm angle. Hopefully there won't be any issue for the gun owner there. Good thing the witnesses stepped up to the plate to confirm the story.
    Yes, I think he should be cited for brandishing a weapon and frightening the public. The owner of the pit bulls should sue for damages. A petition should be started to outlaw concealed carry permits in Kirkland. They should also do an extensive background check for mental illness of the brandishing gun owner.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Senior Moderator
    Yes, I think he should be cited for brandishing a weapon and frightening the
    public. The owner of the pit bulls should sue for damages. A petition should be
    started to outlaw concealed carry permits in Kirkland. They should also do an
    extensive background check for mental illness of the brandishing gun
    owner.
    AZNAV...if I didnt know you better that post would have riled me up...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Yes, I think he should be cited for brandishing a weapon and frightening the public. The owner of the pit bulls should sue for damages. A petition should be started to outlaw concealed carry permits in Kirkland. They should also do an extensive background check for mental illness of the brandishing gun owner.
    You forgot a ban on carrying weapons at the park.
    "An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
    Anon.

Always has been my biggest concern; attack by uncontrolled dogs. Anyone have any ideas on how to carry while running/jogging? I carry a G26 in a fanny pack while jogging. Same set up while in my yard mowing grass or walking my dogs. Works ok, except when jogging. The gun is within a holster velcroed to the inside of the fanny pack, but the whole rig bounces a little too much to be comfortable on a long run... Any suggestions?

The Shepherd owner showed more restraint than I would have had,but I'm disabled and if I had 3 Pits running at me I would have drawn, I'm in fear for my life and it doesn't take much to knock me off balance,within 10 feet lead dog gets shot,repeat as necessary,the 45 acp was designed to stop a charging horse.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

PIT BULLS LEAD ALL OTHER BREEDS IN FATAL ATTACKS
    Despite making up just 5% of dog population
    Every time there's a pit bull attack story the fans of the breed come out of the woodwork to defend them as loving and playful. Trying to keep an open mind (thinking of parallels drawn to the anti-gun crusaders)... why are there so many attacks by pit bulls, if it not in that breed's DNA? I don't buy the "irresponsible owner" argument fully; there have to be proportionately as many irresponsible owners of Labs and cocker spaniels as there irresponsible owners of pit bulls.

Can anyone enlighten me?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links