A .22 A Day Keeps The Home Invaders Away

This is a discussion on A .22 A Day Keeps The Home Invaders Away within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A woman in the shower uses a .22 to save her life, and does. Police have releases the 911 call: Police Release 911 Tape Reporting ...

Thread: A .22 A Day Keeps The Home Invaders Away

A .22 A Day Keeps The Home Invaders Away

A woman in the shower uses a .22 to save her life, and does. Police have releases the 911 call:

Police Release 911 Tape Reporting Duluth Shooting - Peachtree Corners-Berkeley Lake, GA Patch

I noticed she also had two other guns, which she couldn't get to; one was apparently a Bersa Thunder. The suspect died later.

Which proves: it's not the caliber, it's the shot placement!

I love how she said she just kept shooting him until she ran out of bullets. Atta girl. I hope she recovers from the trauma, and I hope he enjoys his pine box.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Which proves: it's not the caliber, it's the shot placement!

I love how she said she just kept shooting him until she ran out of bullets. Atta girl. I hope she recovers from the trauma, and I hope he enjoys his pine box
    Yep!! +100 He brought the proverbial knife to a gunfight
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

"I shot him as much as I could!" I'd say she stopped the threat. The world is better without this dirtbag in it! Hope she recovers mentally from this ordeal quickly.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Yes she stopped the threat,but the suspect was able to run several feet before he collapsed,I would never choose a 22 as a primary,but if it was all I had then I would shoot til I went to slidelock.
    My main point is if this guy had decided to attack instead of run we have all seen what kinda damage a knife can do.
    In some cases where somebody is breaking in to attack women they may check the nightstand and under pillows to make sure there aren't any defensive weapons to be used against them.In TXCHLFORUM there was a photo of a glock 17 w/33 round mag vaccuum sealed in a bag on a hanger in the shower and had a knife to cut the gun out in case of emergency
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I hope she recovers from the trauma the dirtbag got what he deserved.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yes she stopped the threat,but the suspect was able to run several feet before he collapsed,I would never choose a 22 as a primary,but if it was all I had then I would shoot til I went to slidelock.
    My main point is if this guy had decided to attack instead of run we have all seen what kinda damage a knife can do.
    In some cases where somebody is breaking in to attack women they may check the nightstand and under pillows to make sure there aren't any defensive weapons to be used against them.In TXCHLFORUM there was a photo of a glock 17 w/33 round mag vaccuum sealed in a bag on a hanger in the shower and had a knife to cut the gun out in case of emergency
    Yes, very scary taking on a knife with a .22 semi-auto pistol. In this case I think the perp was wanting sex and only using the knife to get cooperation, wasn't really planning to use it offensively. Or maybe he had no real plan at all other than to use it to get what he wanted. If the guy had training or experience with lots of guns, and was of a mind to attack her with the knife if she resisted effectively, a couple of stabs might have been all he needed.

She was fortunate. Good for her!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Links