BAD: Homeowner killed in home invasion. 1 BG dead, 1 BG possibly wounded

This is a discussion on BAD: Homeowner killed in home invasion. 1 BG dead, 1 BG possibly wounded within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This isn't far from me in Winchester, KY. Homeowner was shot and killed. But he did manage to take care of one BG. Another BG ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BAD: Homeowner killed in home invasion. 1 BG dead, 1 BG possibly wounded

This isn't far from me in Winchester, KY. Homeowner was shot and killed. But he did manage to take care of one BG. Another BG fled the scene, and police believe he turned up at a hospital in Lexington seeking treatment for a GS wound. This happened early this morning, not many details.

Second victim in Winchester shooting identified | Clark County | Kentucky.com

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    "Second victim" what the what? The home owner is the only victim, I hate the news media.
    claude clay likes this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

+1 Yeah, "victim?" Just like you said, the only victim is the homeowner.

Weird situation, but I agree. At this time there is only one victim.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I understand the victim thing. The problem is, in a court of law, anyone who receives bodily harm no matter the cause or effect is a victim by definition. But I feel ya, and I know the intention of the Media is to spit in our face. (face of the gun owner)
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

That's not too far from my house. I think he confronted the BG and shots were exchanged. Another lesson for the benefit of the element of suprise.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Do you know where cover is in your home? My heart goes out to the family of the VICTIM.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Sucks.
    Wonder what the whole story is.

Did they know eachother?
    Did the homeowner "owe" them ??
    Shouldn't break into peoples homes, & you won't get shot like that.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    From the article "Neighbors said they were surprised that a violent crime happened on the normally quiet street." I live on a quiet street, but this is why I carry even at home.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

So many stories about home invasions and the anti-gun columnist I debate with day in and day out wonders why I carry at home...

Sometimes he asks me why I feel compelled to carry in my own home in my loungewear and I say, "Do you even read the newspaper you work for? If you did, you wouldn't have to ask."
    8th ID and RMS like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Sucks.
    Wonder what the whole story is.

Did they know eachother?
    Did the homeowner "owe" them ??
    Shouldn't break into peoples homes, & you won't get shot like that.
    I agree there is probably more to the story but, from all indications, the homeowner did not instigate the violence.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    That definitely sucks. I'm sure they'll continue milking the story for juicy details.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Well apparently they have edited out the Second Vicitim reference out of the story.
    I't reads much better now.

The comments all speculate drugs, but based on the vehicles in the driveway it looks like the homeowner was just a poor working stiff.
    But, all the details are not out yet.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Well apparently they have edited out the Second Vicitim reference out of the story.
    I't reads much better now.
    Oh that is funny the original title was to the effect: "Second victim identified" now it is "Two men killed"; revisionist journalism.

Yeah the other one showed up at the hospital with a shot in the back.Looks like it could be drug related IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links