Man found dead after commiting home invasion

This is a discussion on Man found dead after commiting home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Erick46590 honestly, this is a crappy situation. I'm glad the homeowner was not hurt and any way, and I hope he does ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man found dead after commiting home invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Erick46590 View Post
    honestly, this is a crappy situation. I'm glad the homeowner was not hurt and any way, and I hope he does not have some stupid charges put on him... like firing without having a cause (since he wasnt armed or something stupid like that). But it still sucks someone died. I mean even if the guy is robbing someone, or even if he was armed. Yes, shoot, but it still sucks. It's never a positive thing, but I'm glad it turned out about as good as it could have, with these circumstances.
    I don't know. It may have saved someone in the future. I don't ever mourn home invaders. But then, just as I have stated.. I have experience with home invaders.

There is currently a serial home invader here in Lakeland.. and my old apartment in Winter Haven was burglarized by a group of home invaders. They only waited until I left because "I looked crazy". That may be because they sent one to my door to see if I was home, and I answered the door wielding a battleaxe. That group had previously killed people.

I just don't believe in taking chances. Especially with your home. They WILL come back if you give them the opportunity. Next time, you may not know what hits you.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mjodr View Post
    I just don't believe in taking chances. Especially with your home. They WILL come back if you give them the opportunity. Next time, you may not know what hits you.
    And I don't blame you one bit. :) I'm just saying it sucks the guy lived his life that way and that it had to end the way it did, thats all.
    Mjodr likes this.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Quote Originally Posted by Erick46590 View Post
    And I don't blame you one bit. :) I'm just saying it sucks the guy lived his life that way and that it had to end the way it did, thats all.
    I understand that too.

I look at it the same as a cousin of mine. He died in a drunk driving accident. He wasn't driving, but everyone in his vehicle was drunk. I mourn his death as he was a relative, but I don't regret that he and the other drunks died. They could have killed other people if they hadn't run into that tree.

I find the loss of innocent life tragic... I don't find the loss of people that do stupid things, and can cause harm to others, tragic. He chose to be a home invader. His death is no great loss.

But then, I admit that I am a hard, sometimes cold, individual. I only have emotions for women, children and animals. I do respect people that respect all life. I just respect the deaths of certain people, in order to keep others safe, as a good thing. (I am a firm believer in capital punishment for rapists, molesters, murderers and even those that constantly assault/rob people or abuse animals)

Now, I know my thoughts aren't everyone's cup o' tea.. and I wouldn't dream of telling you that you are wrong, because you're not.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links