Weird: Gas for Guns

This is a discussion on Weird: Gas for Guns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know this doesn't belong here. But, IME it's the best place for it. (or we need a new topic (Other Guns in the News)) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Weird: Gas for Guns

Weird: Gas for Guns

I know this doesn't belong here.

But, IME it's the best place for it. (or we need a new topic (Other Guns in the News))

So, I'm gonna ask the mods to move it to where they think it belongs:

Waterloo, Iowa.

A private citizen is offering gas cards for guns. $150 for pistols. $100 for long guns.

Gas For Guns
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

Absolutely nothing suprises me when it comes to getting firearms away from people. What really is the underlying thing here, is that the guy who put up the money included long guns as well. He wants to get guns "off the streets" but I don't see anyone waltzing down the street carrying a rife or shotgun. So why "long guns?" Wouldn't handguns be the problem?

This is just another gun-grabbing deal for the Anti Firearm crowd and if more people surrender their weapons for a few bucks to buy gasoline, then what does that say about them?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

“No questions asked, the people are able to drop the guns off anonymously and we will dispose of them as we normally do when we receive firearms,” This makes me curious as to exactly how the Waterloo, IA PD "normally" disposes of firearms. Amazing that either the reporter didn't ask, or the editor didn't publish the answer to, that simple question. They will only succeed in getting inoperable weapons, and/or "fueling" a spike in firearms thefts. HA!

Hmmm.....makes me think of starting my own Gas for Colt Pythons drive........I would be willing to give $150 in gas for each Colt Python delivered to me, no questions asked.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

VIP Member
    It’s an event aimed at making the community safer while helping people save money at the pump.
    Yet another feel good, do nothing waste of money. If they really wanted to make the community safer how about a TIC (Turn In a Criminal) program.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    The Waterloo Police Department and Jim Lind, owner of Jim Lind’s Shell Station in Waterloo teamed up for the event.

Lind donated $5,000 in gas gift cards to those who turn in fire arms.

"When we make that kind of contribution there’s not a lot of personal profits by any means, it’s for the good of the order,” Lind said.
    I wonder what "order" he's talking about? Sounds like someone has been brainwashed here.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sounds like the Gas station owner is a and the Chief of Police is just going along with it for the publicity. The local news reporter that did the story, sounds anti as well. She didn't try to spin it back on them at all.

I hope all they get are the old broken down pieces of junk that don't work and can't be fixed. Just like their stupidity... can't be fixed.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

GM
    I wonder if Captain Tim Pillack also believes all LEO’s working at the Waterloo Police Department should turn in their firearms too and get some gas cards.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I wonder what "order" he's talking about? Sounds like someone has been brainwashed here.
    I am sorry, but I do not agree with you; IMO in order to get there it is not enough to be brainwashed, you have to be born without a brain; or at least not be playing with a full deck.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sounds like the "New World Order" to me. If a foreign power ever invades us (under the guise of helping us to restore order from chaos) you can bet there will be all kinds of "Gas for Guns" and "Food for Guns" and "Drugs for Guns" programs to disarm the .

I seriously doubt this progam is going to effect many of us.
    We are a group of people who know that turning in our $500 handguns for a $150 gas card is a stupid exchange rate.
    I wonder if maybe we might make the same offer and stock up our guns safes.
    I'd gladly pay that exchange rate.

But we know these Saturday night specials won't be worth much and the only people stupid enough to all for this program is those who are stupid enough to fall for it.
    Meaning, stupid is as stupid does!

I wonder if I could offer an exchange of, Oh say a gallon of gas for every full box of ammo?

Now that makes sence as my safe is rather full right now!
    Ammo will be the new currency!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    It's an almost perfect exchange rate..... Get a used Hi-Point (.380 or 9mm) between $75-$100, give it in for a $150 gas card. You win!!!
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    It's an almost perfect exchange rate..... Get a used Hi-Point (.380 or 9mm) between $75-$100, give it in for a $150 gas card. You win!!!
    I wonder what that cheap gun will be worth when there are no guns left and the SHTF?
    Folks will be selling their souls for something to defend themselves with.
    Any working weapon will be worth it's weight n gold.

But not to worr Obammy will take care of us!! Right?
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    Hmmm.....makes me think of starting my own Gas for Colt Pythons drive........I would be willing to give $150 in gas for each Colt Python delivered to me, no questions asked.
    Sounds like a dandy idea - for $1500 gas cards.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I wonder what that cheap gun will be worth when there are no guns left and the SHTF?
    Folks will be selling their souls for something to defend themselves with.
    Any working weapon will be worth it's weight n gold.

But not to worr Obammy will take care of us!! Right?
    I didn't say give them one of YOUR babies. Or, one of mine. I was just thinking about how to get something out of it; possibly doubling your money if you get a good enough deal.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I had the same idea!

Sounds to me like he's just trying to get ahold of some guns for cheap. This guy might be smarter than you think. He's probably "disposing of them" by putting them in his safe. If that's the case, this guy is an evil genius! I can't see any reason that a private citizen would buy guns just to "get them off the streets" and then dispose of them. The guys got a racket going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links