So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend - Page 2

So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend

This is a discussion on So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I understand your reasoning and agree to a point. I do not think I could stand by and let the sons problems injure the mom. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend

I understand your reasoning and agree to a point. I do not think I could stand by and let the sons problems injure the mom. Granted she needs to do something with her grown child. At least point her in the direction of a traiing course/school/range with instuctors.

That is an alternative to help her without becoming directly involved. I read your post and asked myself the "what if" that was my mom, aunt, granny ect..Compassion may be outdated but it will never go out of style.

I have no association with this woman, just heard about it. She and her son are someone else problem.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distance...lots of it...will be your frined on this one.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It would be wise to avoid this one. My money is on the son stealing the weapon and popping someone because he is a punk. Early 20's and still home.......I flew from the nest after high school, but was warmly taken in by the US Army
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    More than a gun, it sounds like mom needs to get a backbone and tell Jr. to hit the road. He's in his 20's and has been at this stuff for several years. Odds are he's not going to change. Sooner or later he'll be found with extra holes in his body.

IMO you've made the right decision. Stick to it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I work in the courts as a probation officer....this is what I see ALL the time. You are definitely in the right on this one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks for posting, this is defiantly a teachable moment.
    On the surface you have a middle-aged women who suffered a serious home invasion. The knee jerk reaction is, Ya she really needs a gun. Listening to just a bit more details, and she invited the problem into her house by proxy via her son. That little detail turns a good idea into a subpoena!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Sounds like mom doesn't need to learn how to shoot--per se. She needs to learn to think...about the situation she's in; her enablement of her son's criminal activities; acknowledging said illegal activities...and basically, learn to say "No" to her son and stop being manipulated by him. The boy needs tough love...
    Yep--this is what needs to happen--sadly the chances are about as good as a snowball's chance on an August sidewalk in El Paso.........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Stay out of it, like you said. You're not the father. BTW where is the father?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Life is way to short to waste waste on stupid people. Kick the moron out and enjoy the time you have.

You absolutely made the right call on that one. Don't get involved with these people.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    I'm with ya Sticks. You're 100% right.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links