So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend

This is a discussion on So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mother off a son (early 20s) that has had a violent criminal history since he was 14. Evidently he ratted out 2 or 3 of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So many stupid sheep - Friend of wifes friend

Mother off a son (early 20s) that has had a violent criminal history since he was 14.

Evidently he ratted out 2 or 3 of his associates netting them 30+ years in prison a couple years ago.

Now the stupid begins.

Son lives with mama. Word got to son that associates of those he ratted on found out where he was.

A week ago, Son out doing other not so legal business elsewhere when 3+ BGs attempt to break into moms house. Mom runs out the front door, BGs leave in opposite direction.

Mom returns to home 5 minuets later to call police.

BGs return shortly after mom got back and break in again.

Mom hides in bedroom waiting for the police.

Police arrive 27 minuets after first call. This is in a metro residential area. BGs are long gone by then (lucky mom).

Son still lives with mom. Mom's ex husband is getting her a gun.

Friend of wife started to ask me to assist her friend in learning about shooting a gun.

"No way, no how. Mom needs to kick son to curb first and permanently, then maybe, maybe, I will instruct her in firearm safety and CO laws on the matter. Your son needs to stop associating with him as well, since this could very well be you in the near future."

Not my problem. Not going to become my problem. Both families have kids that are involved in activities that could quite possibly get them killed, and by all appearances are doing nothing to stop it.

The herd needs culling.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Not my problem. Not going to become my problem. Both families have kids that are involved in activities that could quite possibly get them killed, and by all appearances are doing nothing to stop it.

The herd needs culling.
    Sounds like just a matter of time.

I find it sad, and disheartening that parents can be so oblivious to the ramifications of their offspring's actions.

They will be in the news singing the same tune "My little Johnny was a good boy trying to turn his life around. He did not deserve to get killed for doing what he did."
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

"No way, no how. Mom needs to kick son to curb first and permanently, then maybe, maybe, I will instruct her in firearm safety and CO laws on the matter. Your son needs to stop associating with him as well, since this could very well be you in the near future."
    Exactly. With her son living there and doing illegal things.. that makes the situation screwed up. Her best defense to start is kicking the "kid" out.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

Early 20's and still lives at moms? Sounds like the baby bird needs to be kicked out of the nest.

More out there than you want to believe.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

This is where the Entitlement Generation comes from.

Hard lessons learned the hard way!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Sticks make sure you're not involved in a straw purchase deal in getting her the Gun! If the kid has a record and is a convicted felon she has a major problem with a gun in the house, as if he gets ahold of it she just became a felon by allow him access to the gun

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Definitely not a situation I would put myself in either. Just because I know a lot about guns, shooting, defensive tactics and situations does not mean I have a moral duty to share my knowledge with those living in lawless situations. Even if one of those people are a somewhat innocent victim.

I agree whole heartedly that I would not even consider getting involved until the woman is smart enough, and responsible enough to jettison her son and get him and the baggage he brings to her home and castle. If she's the type of person who won't kick her son out of the house for her own safety and sanity then she has no need for my advice or assistance. I certainly wouldn't be the person who made matters worse by attempting to introduce a firearm into the situation if she's not willing to do her part in making herself safer by removing the source of the trouble.
    oneshot, Old School and tkruf like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I am in no way getting involved in this situation. I made that very clear last night to my wife's friend.

If she wises up, kicks the kid out permanently, and wishes to learn how to shoot, then I may instruct. I will however not be involved in any way shape or form in her acquisition of a firearm.
    Buckj likes this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

You are definitely taking the correct stance Sticks... Stick to your convictions on this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^b-i-n-g-o^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sounds like mom doesn't need to learn how to shoot--per se. She needs to learn to think...about the situation she's in; her enablement of her son's criminal activities; acknowledging said illegal activities...and basically, learn to say "No" to her son and stop being manipulated by him. The boy needs tough love...
    Mjodr likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

OP : I think you are taking the smart path on this one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I also agree.

Mama has to have a reality check, first.

Sent from my phone
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links