4 shot downtown Minneapolis

This is a discussion on 4 shot downtown Minneapolis within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live and work downtown. The Warehouse District is our entertainment district with clubs, bars, restaurants, adult establishments, theaters, Target Field, Target Center, etc. The ...

Thread: 4 shot downtown Minneapolis

I live and work downtown. The Warehouse District is our entertainment district with clubs, bars, restaurants, adult establishments, theaters, Target Field, Target Center, etc. The police is doing their best to have a very strong presence, patrolling, parking cruisers outside problematic establishments, monitoring crowds on cameras, etc. But, even with police readiness in the area during bar/club activity, they not able to "prevent" these shootings. Police could not have been more than a block or two away from these incidents. Heck, the police precinct is only one block away from one of these shootings last night.

4 shot overnight in downtown Minneapolis | StarTribune.com
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Typical in a city where the police chief & the mayor don't want law abiding citizens carrying, but they are unable to afford enough officers to ensure the safety of people in the 'entertainment district'. Kudos to Mayor Rybak & Chief Dolan!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Article says 6 shot. Either way, sounds like a good place NOT to go for your evening entertainment.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm not so sure that the powers that be will allow these Cities to slide deeper into the cesspool of life until one day we wake up to martial law being declared all over the Country
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Yeppers. They just keep stacking up.

6 injured, 2 critically, in 5 shootings in and near downtown Minneapolis

Whutta place to live!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Minneapolis is one place I not only must carry, but I must carry big. Mostly I stay away.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Links