Robbed while taking out the trash - Greensboro, NC

This is a discussion on Robbed while taking out the trash - Greensboro, NC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Greensboro man robbed while taking out the trash : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis GREENSBORO -- ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By ArkhmAsylm
  • 1 Post By Tala

Thread: Robbed while taking out the trash - Greensboro, NC

Greensboro man robbed while taking out the trash : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis

GREENSBORO -- A Greensboro man says he was robbed Sunday night while taking the trash out.

Police say the victim was in the 3100 block of Immanual Road taking the trash out whenhe was approached by an individual. The victim said the suspect wore black clothing, a ski mask and held a knife. He demanded money but the victim refused. Police say the victim was assaulted before the suspect took an undisclosed amount of money and then ran away.

The investigation is ongoing.
    granted, Immanual Raod is not the best side of town, but it sure explains why I carry at home :)

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Too bad he was without a CHP...he could've taken out the trash while taking out the trash. (rimshot)
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

hope he was seriously injured
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Sounds like the trash took him out.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

My wife used to think I was crazy for carrying at home, while I mow, and while I take out the trash...until I started showing her news stories posted here. She doesn't think I'm crazy anymore.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Now that's just downright mean....
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Too bad he was without a CHP...he could've taken out the trash while taking out the trash. (rimshot)
    He probably does not know he does not need one on his own property. But yeah, that's a better outcome for sure.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Who carries cash when they take out the trash??? I thought that was a in your boxer shorts kind of job? Seems like they'd go for a better target. Eh, criminals must be getting really desperate.
    Old School likes this.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I went to school there back in the 80's and there were some questionable characters in the city even back then. Greensboro has about 6-7 colleges/universities which attact people from all around the globe and it also attracts the people that prey on them which is sad but a reality.

One of the many reasons I bought a Ruger LCP. It's so small, there's really no legitimate reason not to have at least that gun with you no matter what you may be doing.

It seems a lot of the times I take out my trash is after 2 am. I tend to be a night owl. So, the chances of me being robbed taking out the trash at that time is small.

But then again, if some scrote happens to be walking the neighborhood at that time of morning, and a crime of opportunity presents it's self, like some dude taking out the trash... (me, for example), he may not be able to resist trying to make a quick score. Especially since witnesses at that time are minimal. So I always at least have my LCP in my pocket when taking out the trash, if I'm not still wearing my primary pistol.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    'Same as Bark'n. I sleep in gym shorts and the LCP doesn't sag them down. Cutting the grass, taking out the trash, it's on me.

Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    hope he was seriously injured
    You mean you hope he WASN"T seriously injured ?
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    That's why I carry a gun even when on a simple chore such as taking out trash. I was attacked once too when I took out the trash and it was available to save my life.

Thanks for the report. I live in Greensboro and had not heard anything on the TV news about this. I seldom read the News and Record because it seems to take an anti-gun position with most of the stories they run that involve firearms the few times I've read it. Seems like something bad happens here every week though, and more so as the economy gets worse. Hearing about the increase in local violence is what prompted me to get my CHP about a year and a half ago. Immanual Road is less than 2 miles from our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    One of the many reasons I bought a Ruger LCP. It's so small, there's really no legitimate reason not to have at least that gun with you no matter what you may be doing.

It seems a lot of the times I take out my trash is after 2 am. I tend to be a night owl. So, the chances of me being robbed taking out the trash at that time is small.

But then again, if some scrote happens to be walking the neighborhood at that time of morning, and a crime of opportunity presents it's self, like some dude taking out the trash... (me, for example), he may not be able to resist trying to make a quick score. Especially since witnesses at that time are minimal. So I always at least have my LCP in my pocket when taking out the trash, if I'm not still wearing my primary pistol.
    LCP would have been great here. I just put my rig on regardless when going through the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links