Bad-Woman abducted at upscale mall in middle of the day

This is a discussion on Bad-Woman abducted at upscale mall in middle of the day within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Daylight abduction a ‘crime of opportunity’ | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com My wife put it simply-"And people wonder why I carry..." The real lesson here is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guantes

Thread: Bad-Woman abducted at upscale mall in middle of the day

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Daylight abduction a ‘crime of opportunity’ | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

My wife put it simply-"And people wonder why I carry..."

The real lesson here is not only self defense, but never NEVER get in the car with the attacker. SHe is very lucky to be alive.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Right here in town. PTL she is OK, it could have been much worse.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Not to take it off-topic too much, but that's a heck of a police sketch, haha.

She's a lucky woman though, that the abductor decided not to kill her and that she was able to free herself.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    My wife put it simply-"And people wonder why I carry..."
    I wish my wife would even start to think like this. I've insisted that she have pepper spray in her vehicle and by the front door, and she knows where the HD gun is kept, but otherwise she insists on keeping the blinders on.
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    locking her car doors while waiting would have likely prevented it. he tries the door, she lays on the horn--he runs away.
    lucky she is that all he wanted was the car & money cause hes heading to LA for plastic surgery...
    that or the sketch artist needs to be looking for another day job.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

GM
    "Capt. Chris Schutte of Lakeside Park-Crestview Hills police suggests people shop in pairs and lock their doors when they get into their vehicles." That is crazy, now you are not safe if you go shopping a week day in the middle of the day by yourself.

Does anyone know if that is a bad area?
    Last edited by GM; June 2nd, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Safety is, outside of preparation to remain so, merely chance.
    TVJ likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    It is a very upscale mall in a nice area. We shop and dine there at least once or twice a week, we were there the day before. Criminals go to where the money is, I guess.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Sponsored Links