Almost brought a tear to my eye... - Page 2

Almost brought a tear to my eye...

This is a discussion on Almost brought a tear to my eye... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Ianator Oh and one more thing.... Do you think she had time to rack the slide? (assuming it was a semi auto) ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Almost brought a tear to my eye...

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    Oh and one more thing.... Do you think she had time to rack the slide? (assuming it was a semi auto) This story is an excellent example for the 'in chamber' folks...or the revolver folks. :)
    She had time to beat him with the shower curtain and go get it. So sure she could have had time.

9 rounds eventually killed him,but after being shot he was able to run several yards before collapsing,I can think of numerous scenarios where the BG could end up seriously wounding and even killing the Victim before expiring,even tho there is no magic bullet,there is a lot better stop ratio with bigger rounds that have the ability to penetrate to the vital organs and cause tremendous shock to the body
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Green chicken: That is true.....

although, it said he "tried to pin her to the bed" I don't know... I guess it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    Green chicken: That is true.....

although, it said he "tried to pin her to the bed" I don't know... I guess it could go either way.
    Dude is dead because he didn't know she had it..... By those keep it chambered dudes, she would have had to have it in the shower with her to be effective...Somebody make a poll and see how many carry while in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by greenchicken View Post
    Dude is dead because he didn't know she had it..... By those keep it chambered dudes, she would have had to have it in the shower with her to be effective...Somebody make a poll and see how many carry while in the shower.
    I keep it under my clean underwear and towel which i can reach as soon as I step out. I'm too lazy to clean my pistols every week to prevent rust/keep them oiled

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    I keep it under my clean underwear and towel which i can reach as soon as I step out. I'm too lazy to clean my pistols every week to prevent rust/keep them oiled
    BG less likely to find it under the ones you just took off though.

By those keep it chambered dudes, she would have had to have it in the shower with her to be effective
    I disagree with this, imagine if you hit him with the shower curtain and run into the bedroom with him literally on your heals. (which, sounds like is exactly what happened...)You open you side stand and grab your gun just as he starts to grab you and throw you face up on the bed. If your gun was chambered and ready to fire, you just point and bang bang bang. I don't know if you have ever been in a situation with this much intensity but if you don't have training, your fine motor skills go bye bye in a hurry. You may, or may not be able to rack a slide during that whole ordeal.

I am not ruling out the possibility that she had to rack it, I am simply saying that this is a scenario that demonstrates, excellently, the advantages of in chamber carry. In turn, I am not knocking those that carry un-chambered. Each person asses' his personal threat level and takes steps to protect himself and his family. No disrespect to those that differently than me.

I doubt it was a Semi, it was most likely a revolver

Taurus 9 shot revolver, maybe. Good for her. Shoot till it stops going bang.
    greenchicken likes this.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

That's why everyone should be carrying a firearm.
    ~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

Totally disagree that she certainly had time to rack one into the chamber. If I ran to my gun in my bedroom, it is out on a shelf on the nightstand. No drawer to pull out, nothing.

If someone is close behind me and grabs me by an arm or my hair, or my body, even if he gets me down, if I can struggle to that nightstand, I just need one hand to grab and shoot. Throughout an entire struggle on the floor or on the bed, (and the gun isnt obvious), if I can just reach it, I can fire. It's that much more of a chance I have.

Hell, if I had 2 hands he wouldnt have any eyes left. (Meh, probably wouldnt with one hand either)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

What a horrific experience for that lady, or any lady/person. Thank goodness she had the "Will to Win and Survive". Good job!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

This storey has been on several other forums for the past few weeks, and im glad the lady was able to take out the trash.

" I shot him with a .22 and he just kept running " ....... "I shot him as much as I could " .

"When I shot him with a .22 he was still kept walking .... I should have gotten him with the other one.... he could have killed me "

Holy Cow lady......

She mentions she has a .380 Bersa in her purse, and a .38 special as well.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

After listening to the 911 tape I'm convinced that my wife would have reacted the same way on the phone as this Lady.
    A babbeling mental train wreck with no sense of direction or patience!

My wife does not do well under panic situations. But will take care of buisness while crying all the way through it.

Lucky for my wife I don't keep any 22's loaded in my home. They are all either 357's, 40 S&W, or 45 Colts.

Oh and there is this little 12 ga in the rack under the bed skirt on the side bad frame cocked and locked.

I almost bought a Walther P22 last week for my wife because it wouldn't intimidate her so much. But decided it was too small for a home defence weapon. I was wrong. Put enough holes in someone they will eventually give up and seek distance!
    In this case that # was 9.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links