Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door - Page 2

Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door

This is a discussion on Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Stubborn Which brings up the $64,000 question...What does the Dept of Education have a S.W.A.T. team for??? Every federal agency has a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Which brings up the $64,000 question...What does the Dept of Education have a S.W.A.T. team for???
    Every federal agency has a law enforcement branch, if I'm not mistaken.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Every federal agency has a law enforcement branch, if I'm not mistaken.
    Let me repeat my question, or don't you see anything wrong with the Dept of Education having a S.W.A.T. team or access to deploy a S.W.A.T team.
    Law enforcement branch...yes S.W.A.T. NO! I'm afraid we have all become "desensitized" to the use of S.W.A.T. Time was when S.W.A.T. was only called in when officers were outgunned, hostage situations, standoffs and the like. Now they are used in everyday police work, like for serving warrants. The U.S. Constitution Strictly prohibits the military from domestic police work...seems to me S.W.A.T. is a way around the Constitution. PLEASE don't misunderstand, I'm not saying S.W.A.T. doesn't have a place in police work, but I am saying it is waaaay over-used, and used in situations where it has no business being deployed. I AM NOT TRYING TO TICK OFF THE LEO'S AND FORMER LEO'S ON THIS SITE, just an opinion from the observations I make.
    Xader likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

WHY does the Office of Inspector General employ SWAT ?!?

Edit: Paaiyan beat me to the question.

Next question; WHY does nearly every government agency have a law enforcement branch?!?

Don't give up your guns, folks... the jackboots are already among us.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

On the basis of the information given, this smells worse than stinkbait.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    WHY does the Office of Inspector General employ SWAT ?!?
    *** over?
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...3d1c3dee0039b2

If the story is true and there's nothing else, we are going to see a massive violent crackdown on the American public here very soon. The student loan bubble is the next mortgage bubble. It'll happen here in the near future. Better hold on, everyone.

who knew

that when the department of education issued an rfp for 12 ga. parkerized, short barelled,ghost sighted shot guns back in Feb of 2010 they would be going after student loan awardees as opposed to ???
    Warrantless searches with a no knock feature lest the bad guy flush his thesis down the toilet.
    How many other agencies have armed enforcement divisions? HUD? HSS?
    DOE? National Acad. of Sci. Hmm

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Let me repeat my question, or don't you see anything wrong with the Dept of Education having a S.W.A.T. team or access to deploy a S.W.A.T team.
    Law enforcement branch...yes S.W.A.T. NO! I'm afraid we have all become "desensitized" to the use of S.W.A.T. Time was when S.W.A.T. was only called in when officers were outgunned, hostage situations, standoffs and the like. Now they are used in everyday police work, like for serving warrants. The U.S. Constitution Strictly prohibits the military from domestic police work...seems to me S.W.A.T. is a way around the Constitution. PLEASE don't misunderstand, I'm not saying S.W.A.T. doesn't have a place in police work, but I am saying it is waaaay over-used, and used in situations where it has no business being deployed. I AM NOT TRYING TO TICK OFF THE LEO'S AND FORMER LEO'S ON THIS SITE, just an opinion from the observations I make.
    IMHO they are using the term SWAT as a buzzword for shock value. It was a team of federal agents employed by the IG. US Marshals have task forces that serve warrants every day that might have a number of people there, they aren't a SWAT team though.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    On the basis of the information given, this smells worse than stinkbait.
    Too right, mate.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by techtac View Post
    that when the department of education issued an rfp for 12 ga. parkerized, short barelled,ghost sighted shot guns back in Feb of 2010 they would be going after student loan awardees as opposed to ???
    Warrantless searches with a no knock feature lest the bad guy flush his thesis down the toilet.
    How many other agencies have armed enforcement divisions? HUD? HSS?
    DOE? National Acad. of Sci. Hmm
    What else would DOE be going after - truants? Homeschoolers? I honestly can't think of anything the DOE needs to be armed for a no-knock raid to handle. Why are we spending the $$$ on all this federal LEO equipment and personnel for a non-LEO agency? Why can't they rely on local cops or the FBI if they need to do something? Sounds like they can't afford the transparency of another agency looking at the plan.

Yikes, we are in deep...

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    IMHO they are using the term SWAT as a buzzword for shock value. It was a team of federal agents employed by the IG. US Marshals have task forces that serve warrants every day that might have a number of people there, they aren't a SWAT team though.
    For their own safety, they better be operating as a SWAT team if they are doing no-knock raids, which this one appeared to be.

This is going to get ugly. Are we as a society really ready to kill people just because they are deadbeats on their school loans? I know that this not the agenda, but sooner or later, if the no-knock raids continue, somebody will end up in a body bag.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    You guys are making me feel better. I thought my stance on this might be more radical than most, but I'm glad to see the outrage is contagious.
    I'm still kinda new here, don't want to step on too many toes, or be labeled as a trouble maker.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    If the story is true and there's nothing else, we are going to see a massive violent crackdown on the American public here very soon. The student loan bubble is the next mortgage bubble. It'll happen here in the near future. Better hold on, everyone.

Correct.

Our "Mind Everyone Else's Business" militarization turned inward on itself.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    For their own safety, they better be operating as a SWAT team if they are doing no-knock raids, which this one appeared to be.
    They can still have sound tactics and not be a "SWAT" team.

There has go to be way more to this story than what is being reported.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

What's next, Debtors Prison?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links