Brought a knife......to a knife fight

This is a discussion on Brought a knife......to a knife fight within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Vallejo man, 60, uses knife, disarms and detains home burglary suspect - Vallejo Times Herald Vallejo man, 60, uses knife, disarms and detains home burglary ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By claude clay
  • 3 Post By Saber
  • 1 Post By Curt58

Thread: Brought a knife......to a knife fight

Vallejo man, 60, uses knife, disarms and detains home burglary suspect - Vallejo Times Herald

Vallejo man, 60, uses knife, disarms and detains home burglary suspect

The 60-year-old resident saw Philip Chamber, 22, in the back patio of his house and called police, officers said. He then armed himself with a knife and confronted Chamber, who also had a knife.

The man managed to disarm Chamber and held him down in the back yard until police arrived.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    hence the expression--don't mess with an old man, he may just kill ua

seriously, as you get older you have a keener perception of what people may do --heck, you've been right so far or you would not have lived so long.
    and some days you may just be feelin ornery an when a dummy comes acallin...well, you ain't in the mood for it.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    claude clay, very well said as I'm nearing that price-point in life. Even though I'd like to hang around a few years longer, I also know that I lived a full-life, so my fears are not as pronounced as they use to be.
    RETSUPT99, msgt/ret and gunthorp like this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I'm right there with you Saber.
    As I grow older I have more anger built up from years of frustration.
    And should someone threaten me with a knife, my thought process is going to be like this.
    " I know he's probably trying to intimidate me with his knife, but little does he realize that I'm not going to be using mine to scare him back.
    I'm going to kill him with mine as fast as possible."
    I know where all the artetries are and which tendons to cut. And I am not afraid to put my thumbs in his eye sockets until they pop.

Just Let him try doing crime blind.

I have no problem with the idea of shoving my knife under his chin and up into his brain until I hit the top of his head, from the inside.

Opps, I may have gotten a little carried away there!
    I guess I'm a little more angry than I thought I was!!!!!!!!!!

I think I may need a glass of wine.

But I should edit this and just say, I'm seldom unarmed, so I probably won't waste the energy it takes for a knife fight. I'll just shoot him.
    DamnitBob likes this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Saber,

I understand completely. I'd like to think that I'm still middle-aged, but I don't know many 130 year olds.
    I was just talking with our school cop today about having a different attitude at my age. I've lived a great life, don't worry about too much, and realize no one gets out of life...alive. We just don't know the exact schedule.
    I worry less about what might happen in an incident, and I know that I'm not going to sit peacefully by and get mugged, robbed, broken into, threatened, etc. Don't mess with an old man...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Age does have its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I'm right there with you Saber.
    As I grow older I have more anger built up from years of frustration.
    And should someone threaten me with a knife, my thought process is going to be like this.
    " I know he's probably trying to intimidate me with his knife, but little does he realize that I'm not going to be using mine to scare him back.
    I'm going to kill him with mine as fast as possible."
    I know where all the artetries are and which tendons to cut. And I am not afraid to put my thumbs in his eye sockets until they pop.

Just Let him try doing crime blind.

I have no problem with the idea of shoving my knife under his chin and up into his brain until I hit the top of his head, from the inside.

Opps, I may have gotten a little carried away there!
    I guess I'm a little more angry than I thought I was!!!!!!!!!!

I think I may need a glass of wine.

But I should edit this and just say, I'm seldom unarmed, so I probably won't waste the energy it takes for a knife fight. I'll just shoot him.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Saber,

I understand completely. I'd like to think that I'm still middle-aged, but I don't know many 130 year olds.
    I was just talking with our school cop today about having a different attitude at my age. I've lived a great life, don't worry about too much, and realize no one gets out of life...alive. We just don't know the exact schedule.
    I worry less about what might happen in an incident, and I know that I'm not going to sit peacefully by and get mugged, robbed, broken into, threatened, etc. Don't mess with an old man...
    You two have made my day!!! I was starting to worry a little over my "middle aged" mindset but I don't know any 120 year olds to compare it to either so thanks.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Saber,

Hence the hoarse-voiced expression, "GET OFF MY LAWN".

I used to live not far from Vallejo back in the seventys, and it wasn`t all that great of a city to live in back then, and its only gotten worse over the years. Lots of low life scum bags in that city.

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To all the above on gettin older, and loosing some fears and inhibitions.

I think I can equate it to when my wife comes home frome work as a respitory therapist, and says, "these old codgers are the funniest".
    "They just don't give a damn what they say, or who they say it to".

"Life is an excellent teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students”
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

To all you 130 year old guys, I hope to be part of your club someday.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    The military has it all wrong. Let the young'uns stay home and have babies. Send me to the sand box to clean out the litter. So what if I have to stop and pee every ten minutes. An IED for an IED.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links