Good: Armed Robber Shot

This is a discussion on Good: Armed Robber Shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happend just up the road in Mason Co. WV from where I live in Huntington. One of the patrons of the Cafe was armed ...

Thread: Good: Armed Robber Shot

Good: Armed Robber Shot

This happend just up the road in Mason Co. WV from where I live in Huntington. One of the patrons of the Cafe was armed and took action. Don't know if I would have, but the WV State Police Trooper investigating the incident said with out him, they would not have had an opportunity to get the dirt bags. Score one for we, the good guys.

One shot, two arrested in armed robbery
    June 16, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

The Herald-Dispatch

MASON COUNTY, W.Va. -- Two southern West Virginia men were arrested -- one of them shot -- following an armed robbery gone awry Tuesday evening in Mason County.

The men, William McCloskey, 20, and Billy Kenney, 35, were arrested about five hours apart after West Virginia State Troopers said the pair attempted to rob the Hot Spot Café on W.Va. 2 in Gallipolis Ferry.

Trooper J.C. Kirk said the men entered the café just after 6 p.m. Tuesday evening with a gun and demanded money from the store. Both men fled the business with an unknown amount of money, Kirk said.

While fleeing, a patron at the café chased the suspects down, and McCloskey was shot in the leg. Kenney fled in a Hyundai Sonata.

"If it hadn't been for that patron, there likely would have been a longer investigation, and it would've taken longer to capture them," Kirk said.

McCloskey was treated at Pleasant Valley Hospital before being taken to Western Regional Jail. No bond had been set for McCloskey on Wednesday.

Kenney was arrested in Fayette County at about midnight, Kirk said. He was being housed in South Central Regional Jail on Wednesday. His bond was set at $750,000

One shot, two arrested in armed robbery - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Cool

All I have to say on the subject is

Glad the restaurant patron who took the risk in chasing the two BG's is ok.

"If it hadn't been for that patron, there likely would have been a longer investigation, and it would've taken longer to capture them," Kirk said.

Excellent response Trooper Kirk.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Don't think I would have chased them down like that, but sounds like it turned out. Good comments from the trooper too.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Good News

Hope everything turns out good for the shooter.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Links