Home Invasion Texas Style - Page 2

Home Invasion Texas Style

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Texas Style within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saying things like "woot" and "congratulations" seems a bit odd to me. Killing a human isn't a glorious thing. As Michael Corleone said, "It's not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Home Invasion Texas Style

Saying things like "woot" and "congratulations" seems a bit odd to me. Killing a human isn't a glorious thing.

As Michael Corleone said, "It's not personal, Sonny, it's strictly business." That's the mindset I would maintain if I had to shoot an intruder.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    “I didn’t get the family atmosphere from them,” said Roberto Molina, 28, who has lived nearby for two years. “There were mostly men at the house, and the vehicles they parked there didn’t really fit with the neighborhood.”

Molina said the working-class neighborhood is an odd place to find late model SUVs and luxury vehicles, which he often saw parked there.

Another neighbor, Margarito Torres, 71, said the block had been pretty quiet for years.

“This is a very quiet neighborhood,” he said in Spanish. “They had just moved here, they didn’t feel right, and then this happens.

“This makes you think and worry.”

^^^^^^^FROM ARTICLE^^^^^^^^^^^^^

While this does sound a bit fishy, the residents of the house, had 0 priors or any rap sheets.

Why don't they start showing the pictures of the deceased with the chalk outline, right where they dropped, in all its bloody glory????

Maybe these knuckledraggers will stop commiting suicide this way.
    They just arrested the City Of Pharr Mayor's Son at the Falfurrias Border Patrol Check point with 141 pounds of pot in the trunk of his mercedes.His dads comment was Ididn't know he was doing that,and I don't want to know.
    FYI His Dad runs a Rehab Center for addicts
    garyacman likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    “I didn’t get the family atmosphere from them,” said Roberto Molina, 28, who has lived nearby for two years. “There were mostly men at the house, and the vehicles they parked there didn’t really fit with the neighborhood.”

Molina said the working-class neighborhood is an odd place to find late model SUVs and luxury vehicles, which he often saw parked there.

Another neighbor, Margarito Torres, 71, said the block had been pretty quiet for years.

“This is a very quiet neighborhood,” he said in Spanish. “They had just moved here, they didn’t feel right, and then this happens.

“This makes you think and worry.”
    Yea, I don't like the way the article worded it either.

What's the problem with male's living together to cut living expenses, and spending their hard earned cash on cars?

Their life, their choice. For the last couple of years, I was in that situation. I lived in a house of all males with mixed ages. All of us had jobs, clean criminal records, and guns/CPL's.

We didn't have a "Family Atmosphere", but we all paid taxes, followed the law, went to work, ect.

I hope that news article was not trying to make something out of nothing...

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    And my girlfriend wonders why I keep a gun on the nightstand at night. Even in the suburbs you just never know.
    And my wife as well because I carry at home. I'm starting to share these news stories with her.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    And my wife as well because I carry at home. I'm starting to share these news stories with her.
    Good idea. I usually don't carry at home, but rest it on a table nearby. Move it room to room as a wander my apartment. I should really holster it.

I am glad she doesn't argue about it. It is only a lack of understanding. She knows I find it important, so she supports it. I guess I should be grateful for that. She disagrees, but chooses to be agreeable. She could easily try to make me stop or threaten some sort of sanction.

Ever since I asked her if I should buy a 1911 and she said yes I have felt that I have picked a winner.

I have been wearing BDU cargo type pants I buy at the Army Navy Store for the last few years for two reasons.
    One, they are comfortable and even come in shorts.
    Two, the thigh pocket carries my Colt Government Pocketlite really really well. You can't tell I'm armed unless you touch my leg.
    These pants have small pockets inside the thigh pocket whick make great soft holsters.

I never go anywhere, even here at the house without that little alloy pistol with me.

I have a 40 and 45 automatic nearby at all times, but seldom on me.
    And they go in the car with me, but my Colt is my primary carry because it's easier to have on me all day every day.

I've been robbed at gunpoint before and that feeling of helplessness never goes away.
    But being prepared helps deal with it.

Good for these Homeowners. 2 more down and thousands to go.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

My favorite part of this story is how the newspaper got the "victim" title correct for once. The guy that owned the house and did the shooting was the victim.

Nw

The police said no drugs were found in the home...which is odd, because it implies that the police looked for them. Should I expect the police to search my home if someone breaks into it? If I shoot an armed (or unarmed, makes no difference) intruder, is that probable cause to now search my home for whatever they can find? Seriously?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links