Home Invasion - Zombie Style

This is a discussion on Home Invasion - Zombie Style within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Who wins chain saw vs. bat battle? So this is self defense without firearms but seriously, my question is: does this attack justify a lethal ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Home Invasion - Zombie Style

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Home Invasion - Zombie Style

Who wins chain saw vs. bat battle?

So this is self defense without firearms but seriously, my question is: does this attack justify a lethal response once the attacked enters the house. What about while the attacker is outside, clearly he has the means to demolish your door and enter your home.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

2. Remove Ads

RKM
    I wouldn't have opened the door. He can stay outside while I call the police with my Mossberg near by. Had he let himself in, via chainsaw, he'd find himself with a bunch of .36 caliber lead pellets in his chest. Does this attack justify a lethal response? Why not?! As far as I know, killing somebody with a chainsaw wouldn't be too difficult.
    Last edited by SIXTO; June 18th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.

In a phone booth the chainsaw would obviously win, but I'd take a bat in most circumstances. If someone is trying to kill you with a chainsaw, it is encouraged to kill them back.
    jwhite75 and RevolvingMag like this.

VIP Member
    Point a running chainsaw at someone while moving in their direction, and I would think its a safe bet you would be shot at..

Ball bat .......1

Chainsaw......0

I can't believe how much time the attacker afforded the victim.

Might have meant he was maybe just there to scare him..???????
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post

Yeah, that was kinda where I was coming from, he knew the guy over a girl, when is it justifable.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Let's see...hit him in the head, then hit him in the stomach...the guy gets up and drives away. Something wrong here. Somebody comes after me with a chain saw, and, one way or another, neither of us is going to be leaving the scene.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

First of all, arguing over a woman is pretty stupid. If the woman is contributing to the problem, dump her quickly. If she is not contributing, then call the police and make a paper trail.

Don't come into my home uninvited 'with or without' a chainsaw...either way it will be a loss to the intruder.OMOYMV
    BigFish and garyacman like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Point a running chainsaw at someone while moving in their direction, and I would think its a safe bet you would be shot at..

Ball bat .......1

Chainsaw......0

How should we REALLY know he's just trying to scare you. That doesn't change the fact he's threatening you with a chainsaw. If somebody points a gun at you but doesn't shoot, is he a threat? Is he only a threat if he shoots? Act BEFORE you're shot, or in this case, missing a limb. Why take the chance and thinking "oh silly chainsaw man is just trying to scare me, he's harmless". That's ridiculous.

Bang, bang, bang.
    8th ID likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Bang, bang, bang.
    This !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Does a chainsaw justify lethal response? Ask people that's met this guy...

mr.stuart likes this.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    First of all, arguing over a woman is pretty stupid. If the woman is contributing to the problem, dump her quickly. If she is not contributing, then call the police and make a paper trail.

Don't come into my home uninvited 'with or without' a chainsaw...either way it will be a loss to the intruder.OMOYMV
    Absolutely.Too many men get hurt or killed over a certain type of woman.Two days ago,in my little town,two men fighting over a woman,one shot,one hit on head with crowbar,both survived.News video of the scene reminded me of the movie 'Wrong Turn"
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Bang, bang, bang.
    THIS AGAIN!!! Once an intruder enters my home I'm not required to assess his/her motives before I shoot. I have a wife and 8-year old daughter here and well, let's just say that I'll do ANYTHING to keep them safe. The state I live in has the Castle Doctrine--nuff said.

ETA: I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, until you invade my home.
    Last edited by 8th ID; June 18th, 2011 at 10:29 PM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    How should we REALLY know he's just trying to scare you. That doesn't change the fact he's threatening you with a chainsaw. If somebody points a gun at you but doesn't shoot, is he a threat? Is he only a threat if he shoots? Act BEFORE you're shot, or in this case, missing a limb. Why take the chance and thinking "oh silly chainsaw man is just trying to scare me, he's harmless". That's ridiculous.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Easy does it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read the VERY BEGINNING of my post.

I most likely would have had a very violent reaction toward the intruder.

I merely stated since the homeowner jumped through hoops while dialing 911, running around the house arming himself with the bat, that within that timespan perhaps if the chainsaw man was really hell bent, he would have done more damage in a shorter amount of time.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    attacking man with chainsaw becomes dead man with chainsaw. I no longer need to buy a new chainsaw, however i do need to buy new pants
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links