Man Robs Bank kinda sorta

This is a discussion on Man Robs Bank kinda sorta within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man needs medical care he can't afford so he robs a bank with a note demanding one dollar then tells the teller he will wait ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Man Robs Bank kinda sorta

Man needs medical care he can't afford so he robs a bank with a note demanding one dollar then tells the teller he will wait for the Police.
    What is really really unbelievable is the Teller was so emotionally traumatised by a nice man handing her a note for 1 dollar she had to be taken to the hospital,there was no type of threat about a gun or anything else.
    Man robs bank to get medical care in jail - Yahoo! News
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Gotta give the guy credit for creativity. The teller - she needs a reality check rather than a medical check. The perp got just what he wanted in a non-violent manner. I can't say I think much of paying for his retirement plan, however.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

3 hots and a cot, until SS kicks in... and free medical care... and I get to pay fer it, yippee!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Most of what is in the news just makes me angry, or causes me to shake my head, but every once in a great while you just feel sorry for some people.
    garyacman likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I gotta admit the guy is just using the system to his advantage,works for Pepsi for 17 years and gets laid off,then gets a temp job that at his age is hard on him,and I am around his age so know about chronic pain,doesn't sound like he has anybody at home he has to worry about,so he gets food shelter and medical just for passing a note
    swiftyjuan and garyacman like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well he is one of the few who worked to pay for others government benefits, he is just getting a return on his investment. LOL I would not wanna felony on my record to do it though...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Gotta give the guy credit for creativity. The teller - she needs a reality check rather than a medical check. The perp got just what he wanted in a non-violent manner. I can't say I think much of paying for his retirement plan, however.
    I don't know if that's exactly fair to say about the teller. You've got to imagine that a bank robbery is her worst nightmare. If someone comes in and demands one dollar and says he will wait for the police, I can easily see how she might have been traumatized, waiting for the other shoe to drop. That type of robbery leaves a whole lot of room for her mind to fill in the blank about what might really be happening, because on the surface, a man robbing a bank for one dollar and waiting for the police does not make sense. The simplest way to rationalize the situation is to believe that there is some unknown quantity of evil that she is unaware of... and the fear of an unknown imminent danger can be very scary. I wouldn't second guess any teller who goes to the hospital after being robbed.

Furthermore, I am disgusted by this criminal's actions, both in motive and deed -- if this is the type of character that he displayed as an employee, I do not wonder why he was fired. His big retirement plan is to con his way into the Gray Bar Hotel instead of paying his own way in life? Since when is this an acceptable or even praiseworthy lifestyle? This whole article is nothing more than a sympathy piece to ram socialized medicine down our throats and apparently it is working because some here seem to think that this guy has the right to health care that someone else paid for... not only that, but his criminal actions are justified by that very same 'right'.

How must our minds have been twisted by this type of yellow journalism, that instead of being ticked off upon hearing of yet another lazy bum climbing on our backs, we decide to mock the teller as if she had no cause to be traumatized after a bank robbery. "Yeah, she's really the one who is milking the system..."

Give me a break. Yahoo News -- 'News' for yahoos.
    msgt/ret likes this.

On a similar but different topic, a local newspaper had an article about a guy who tried to steal an ATM machine with a back hoe last night. He was caught, but hilarious to say the least. Wonder how that thought process came to pass. Lol.

No mention of family other than siblings, so I am assuming single without kids. Even making minimum wage, a single guy should be able to save a decent retirement without having to resort to government assistance, *if* they budget and plan ahead. I have little pity for the majority of people reaching retirement age without any savings. What did you expect to live on? Social security? You're failure to plan for your future doesn't constitute an emergency for me to ruin mine.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    working the system.....dispicable yet.... we got a political dude age 42 who stole 542 hours of overtime. instead of proscuting him for a felony the state already gave him
    his 1st of a lifetimes pension check for $6200 a month. THATS DISPICABLE

years ago some creative clowns stole a full size dump truck, at 3am Sunday morning they used its hooks to drag a ATM out of the banks wall and winch it into the hopper. making good their get away.
    2 thumbs up and a smile as no one got hurt and as crimes go--its a good one.

the next year some stoner's i suppose decide, hay, lets try that and steal a pick-up.
    and leave the pick ups rear axle in the middle of the parking lot...their probably out by now.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    The teller - she needs a reality check rather than a medical check. The perp got just what he wanted in a non-violent manner.
    Shes looking for a comp payment....

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    3 hots and a cot, until SS kicks in... and free medical care... and I get to pay fer it, yippee!
    I'm sure he didn't factor in, becoming someone's Mistress.
    8th ID likes this.

+1 to Staniswhatever

Give that man medical treatment for the rest of his life, just for being that creative.

Charity begins at home. It shouldn't be the job of the gub'ment. There are clinics he could have gone too.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links