Ugly: No fighting chance for the victim

This is a discussion on Ugly: No fighting chance for the victim within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in broad daylight. A man, who said "NO" to armed gunmen on the busy trail in Indianapolis got shot seven times. Fortunately he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ugly: No fighting chance for the victim

This happened in broad daylight.

A man, who said "NO" to armed gunmen on the busy trail in Indianapolis got shot seven times.

Fortunately he survived. Fortunately, they caught one of the under age offenders.

Unfortunately, he was not armed himself, and had no fighting chance. He is lucky to be alive.

TV news link
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well at least the poilce didn't tell the victum he should have just given up his hard earned cash to the lazy thugs. If more people would just open their wallets, maybe the number of muggings would decrease. Humm, maybe not!

Senior Moderator
    An underaged shooter. Meaning that at age 21, his record will be closed and he will all of a sudden become an upstanding citizen.

Its too bad there is no such thing as "underaged" bullets.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

While I feel sorry for the victim, he did a dumb thing. Attempts to thwart criminal violence by verbalization that is not backed by the ability or implementation of equal or greater violence are rarely successful.

I think that LE advice to give up valuables to criminals is valid for those who have no tools, training, abilities, other than stern talk, or intention of using them. In this case it may have saved the victim some injury and suffering. I doubt that he would have come out worse.

Unfortunately the culprits will most likely not receive punishment commensurate with their actions.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Glad he is alive and on the mend - although it sounds like a pretty long road. Hope the perps are caught and tried as adults. If not, they will learn next to nothing of value to society from this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Might be a lot less shootings if the punishment fit the crime,you shoot somebody upon convivtion either the survivor or if no survivor a family member gets to shoot you back
    msgt/ret and BkCo1 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Might be a lot less shootings if the punishment fit the crime,you shoot somebody upon convivtion either the survivor or if no survivor a family member gets to shoot you back
    Agreed. I'm all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punishment and deterrence have been replaced by tv, weights and rehabilitation.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    An underaged shooter. Meaning that at age 21, his record will be closed and he will all of a sudden become an upstanding citizen.

Its too bad there is no such thing as "underaged" bullets.
    Are you serious? It would be totally wrong if it is like that
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

yep juvenile records in most states are sealed... "no longer exist" and are not held against you. That's why so many of the kids selling drugs on corners are no older than 13... Sometimes they try those at 14+ as adults.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Punishment and deterrence have been replaced by tv, weights and rehabilitation.
    I miss the chain-gangs.
    babarock likes this.

Maybe if these youts were given respectable jobs working for Obammy they would not turn to crime!
    Then their Mommas could really be proud of their chirrerns.
    If we had more laws that take away all the guns from the citizens the Trail would be safer.

We need to find a way to fund these rehabilitation programs and help give the POOR underprivileged young men a helping hand.

Like an early grave!

I'm getting Surly in my old age.

I was robbed like this once and the young punk stabbed me. I got no sympathy for the kids, nor for the stupid people who think they can walk on a trail that is obviouly a haven for gangs and hoodlums, with out some sort of defense!

I promise you if this were me today and these kids approached with a bandana over hs face he'd be sporting some new jewerly in his body. Like feeding tubes, heart monitors, brain wave scanners and a trachea tube to keep him alive.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I miss the chain-gangs.
    Drop by Maricopa County (AZ) when you have a chance. The convicts - male AND female - are out there picking up trash alongside the highways. You might not like everything Sheriff Joe does, but I find little to quibble about with putting convicts to work.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang ...

Sounds like a great idea to me. Gives society back something of value, even if forced.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Uhh guys, new news, suspect being tried as an adult, it stays on his record.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links