Ohio CCW holder uses firearm in self defense VIDEO - Page 2

Ohio CCW holder uses firearm in self defense VIDEO

This is a discussion on Ohio CCW holder uses firearm in self defense VIDEO within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The guy probably did the right thing. It's hard to say how one would act in such a situation, especially when the adrenalin kicks in. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ohio CCW holder uses firearm in self defense VIDEO

The guy probably did the right thing. It's hard to say how one would act in such a situation, especially when the adrenalin kicks in. Had the gun been on my person I might have tried to lock the vehicle and run inside the station. If for no other reason to avoid the civil case and expense the "SUSPECTS" moma is surely to file.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

According to the Ohio Carry forum, Ohio state law precludes the possibility of a civil suit, so he shouldn't have to worry about that. Besides, pretty much any judge with half a brain would throw that suit right out the window. It was obvious self-defense and there's no criminal or civil culpability.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Yeah...sticking around in that circumstance isn't a good idea...retreat to a safe area and call 911...
    guardmt and RETSUPT99 like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Unbelievable.. to quote the BG's friend:

"Brandon was beatin dude's ass, & his ***** ass pulled a gun a shot em."
    It looked to me like two people beating him up, how could you call anyone a "*****", especially when they didn't start it? Sounds to me like the CHL holder needed to shoot both of them because it appears only one of them learned a lesson.

Agreed Adric. If you brose that thread on the Ohio Carry forum there are several screenshots from the guy's facebook from before he locked it down. He's a thug and a complete imbecile.

Also: Post #1000. *happydance*
    atctimmy likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The 2nd BG (who didn't get shot) is apparently a stand-up guy all around;
    BILLY BLACKBURN JR | Arrested on May 14, 2011 | JailBase

The victim did well considering the circumstances. The "criminals", I'll reserve my comments on.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Ohio man fires on attackers at gas station

This is for the guy who not too long ago wanted to have a discussion about empty chamber carry. Not trying to reignite the arguments, but just saying, please read this story:

Video also included in the story

Dayton Police say a man who was being robbed at a local gas station turned the table on his attackers, shooting one of them.
    Dayton's News Source :: Raw News - Caught On Tape: Victim Grabs Gun, Shoots Alleged Robber

The actual victim is a member on the Ohio CC boards, and here is the thread. I haven't read past the first page, but at the bottom of the first page, you'll note a very significant post made by the victim. He had a Glock 36 with one in the chamber in what I believe was his car's center console. He specifically states that had he not carried with one in the chamber, he would've been toast. Even if he had the 36 on his person, I doubt he would've been able to rack the slide while trying to fight off two guys.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums &bull; View topic - had to shoot someone on friday.

Although there's plenty of Mon-morning QBing to be done here, point is, we don't always know what kind of situation we'll find ourselves in, and to carry with an empty chamber is, quite frankly, foolish.

Why did the get back out of his car once he got in I thought he was leaving. I'll have to watch the video again after I have had a cup o' joe.

Administrator
    Looks like a good shoot to me too. I really wish people would carry on them and not in the car though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Agreed. On one of the following pages the OP regrets not carrying on his person.

Is this the same one already running at http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...nse-video.html?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Looks like a good shoot to me too. I really wish people would carry on them and not in the car though.
    He says later on I think that he took it off while driving and forgot to put it back on when he got out, or possibly thought it was a short trip inside and he wouldn't need it. It cements my decision to carry +1, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Is this the same one already running at http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...nse-video.html?
    And yes.
    My blog

Ooh-rah

He's lucky he could get back into the vehicle. What if the assault had started while near the rear of his vehicle.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links