NC man open carrying involved in shooting - Page 2

NC man open carrying involved in shooting

This is a discussion on NC man open carrying involved in shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bad Guys(0) Old Guys (1) I agree, it sound like he is fortunate the gentleman doesn't carry a bigger gun...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NC man open carrying involved in shooting

Bad Guys(0) Old Guys (1)

I agree, it sound like he is fortunate the gentleman doesn't carry a bigger gun

Shot in the groin.....Sounds as if he may have done us all a favor and neutered this bozo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I thought bandits cringed and ran at the sight of open carry? I guess this dirtbag did not get that memo...
    Sometimes. But they have to see it first. It's not like it's on top of your head. My guess is that he did not see it till it was pointed at him. And I thought CC had all the advantages of surprise.
    JoshuaJJacks likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    In my opinion, the 24 year old wasn't too bright. He threatened a man that had a gun in plain sight??? I believe that he got what he deserved. WOW.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Sometimes. But they have to see it first. It's not like it's on top of your head. My guess is that he did not see it till it was pointed at him. And I thought CC had all the advantages of surprise.
    Yea, he must not have saw it.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Ouch! Article says the gun was not concealed. At least he was prepared and willing. Don't mess with old guys!

When Thomas stopped and got out his car with his fists balled, Moser shot Thomas in the groin, Atkinson said.

Read more:
    Sheriff: Victim Felt Threatened, Shot Man In Groin - Winston-Salem News Story - WXII The Triad

OUCH! That's probably gonna leave a scar....

Thomas was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with critical injuries, but he's expected to live.
    It looks like all the older gentleman did was try to turn the punk from a Rooster to a Hen, and he may have succeeded.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    24 year old guy drives by shouting vulgarities, then stops his vehicle, gets out, and advances with balled fists (which I would consider an assault) on older man of 64 who is open carrying a gun, and gets shot for his trouble.

In that situation this (me) 69 year old man (who doesn't open carry) would have considered himself threatened and done something to stop the assualt. My body isn't going to do well after being hit by a 24 year old. Spending the rest of my life as a cripple or worse because some idiot decides to beat me up isn't on my list of acceptable outcomes. I'd definitely do something to stop the assault. I carry a gun for self defense against death or grevious injury - from the description, the 24 year old was presenting that level of threat.

I don't think the shooter intended to hit the groin. With out knowing how fast the assailant was coming, he might have been lucky to get a hit, any hit. He was pointing and shooting to stop the assault. Period. He succeeded.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I've mentioned this before. At 64 I have less liability in a shooting then those of you that are 22. Many states require retreat as the first course of action except at home and in your car. The older you get the less ability to retreat and the greater the potential for disparity of force. Don't take me wrong, last thing I wish to do is shoot anybody. It's just a reality of the differences in age.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Dear Penis, I dont think I can use you anymore.......
    paullie likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Sounds like he did exactly what he needed to end the threat. Good thing he was quick it sounds like, mentally and physically capable of making and executing on his decision to defend himself. Plenty of men younger than him aren't as wise or adept I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Cool Hand Luke
    I think the old man got his point across just fine, -- Don`t fock with me...

"Nut'n" left to say.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

Old guys...they don't mess around. He laid a hurts on his nerts. Depending on the hit, that may be worse punishment than if he had put a couple center mass.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The old guy was actually too nice to this dirt bag...he actually did the BG a favor. He gets to hit from the red tee playing golf now. That should save him several hundred yards per round.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links