Pharmacy Robberies

This is a discussion on Pharmacy Robberies within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It seems this is becoming an epidemic and people under the influence,and or going thru withdrawal will do just about anything to get a "FIX".I ...

Thread: Pharmacy Robberies

Pharmacy Robberies

It seems this is becoming an epidemic and people under the influence,and or going thru withdrawal will do just about anything to get a "FIX".I would recommend that when going into a drug store you be armed where legal and observe the inside of the store before just walking in.
    AP Enterprise: Pharmacy robberies sweeping US - Yahoo! Finance
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

It is wise to keep your head on a swivel when you go ANYWHERE. Yes, dirtbags are all over the place, and one can never assume compliance will pay off.
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; June 25th, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Anytime, Anywhere!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would only work on a pharmacy that would allow me to work armed. sort of like the gunshops - most of the clerks are armed.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    I would only work on a pharmacy that would allow me to work armed. sort of like the gunshops - most of the clerks are armed.
    Absolutely. Look around when you go to a Pharmacy next time, a prety good collection of 'interesting' people in line.

I get nervous every time I go to the pharmacy. The ones in my town are not all that secure by any means.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    In my mind there are two types of business establishments:

- unknown risk
    - high risk (banks, pharmacies, check cashing stores, liquor stores and 7-11s after 2000...you get the point)

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    good observation Chad.

My wife is a pharmacy intern, she'll be graduated with a Pharm. D. this time next year. She sent in paperwork for her CWL a couple weeks ago and we've been adjusting her holster for the best fit and concealment. Yesterday we made a return to Macy's of a wedding gift. While there I bought a new wallet and we picked out a couple new cover garments for her. She can't wait to start carrying.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I always thought my life was more valuable than my job when it came to company (not State law) anti-gun policies.

Retired after almost 40 years as a pharmacist. Concealed means CONCEALED!!!!!!!

OMO

bosco

Links