Lawrenceville, GA - Twice

This is a discussion on Lawrenceville, GA - Twice within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lot of activity in Lawrenceville, GA lately. 1) Wednesday night the city square got tagged. A number of businesses on the square got gang tagged ...

Thread: Lawrenceville, GA - Twice

Lot of activity in Lawrenceville, GA lately.

1) Wednesday night the city square got tagged. A number of businesses on the square got gang tagged and several cars on the square got spray painted. Certainly not a good thing for Lawrenceville. Fortunately, the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department is headquartered in Lawrenceville, so apparently someone contacted the Sheriff's Department and they sent over several crews of inmates from the county jail to clean the tags off the buildings and the paint off the cars. Good job for inmates, IMO. No more sleepy little square for Lawrenceville.

2) The new anti illegals law in Georgia went into effect Friday, so the Hispanic community called for a community boycott and refusal of Latinos to go to work. (Of course my wife and I went out to lunch at the first Mexican restaurant we saw open, Friday) Well, apparently the Mexican restaurant & market just outside downtown Lawrenceville burned to the ground Friday morning. The Hispanic community is claiming foul play, but the local fire department and the BATFE have made no determination of the origin of the fire, yet.

So, in short, we now have gang tagging and possible arson over the span of two days. I am definitely adding an interior holster to my vehicle, today.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I live in Athens but I saw the restaurant right after the fire yesterday when I was driving through to Atlanta. It looked pretty
    nasty. I didn't hear about the tagging though. Let's hope this isn't going to be a start to anything major.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I live in Woodstock, north of Atlanta. It was a nice day today out with my wife and I was served by Illegal immigrants at the Sandwich shop. The law is just a direct copy of the unenforced federal law. Oh well.... im moving to MT anyways soon enough to escape everyone.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links