Shot dead because of solar lights

This is a discussion on Shot dead because of solar lights within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sacto 9-1-1: One man dies after being shot by homeowner chasing alleged thieves One man dies after being shot by homeowner chasing alleged thieves Read ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gunthorp

Thread: Shot dead because of solar lights

Shot dead because of solar lights

2. Remove Ads

Humm interesting, the people in the blue sedan fired first and yet no mention of charges against any of them. Are they not guilty of firing into an occupied vehicle also?

Not saying he should have pursued them, but perhaps his intention was just to get a license plate number, then they opened fire on him.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    you do not chase after the fact.
    you do not engage a theft of property when they are leaving. even if you saw them take it.
    call the police and file insurance..

mid 80's and my cars' silent, remote alarm went off; i was in a customers apartment and went to the window--saw what looked like kids on the far side of my car crouching..
    i hollered something like "hay, you, get away from my car"

by the time i got down the stairs to the sidewalk they were 1/2 a block and running holding my trim rings and spinners
    (Monte/corvette wheels). my hand was, on its own, about to draw when my conscious thought intervened--"you can not shoot some one running away over property."

weeks of junk yard searching to replace what was stolen , and $200 later, i kinda wish i had....not for real, just kinda wish i had...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Humm interesting, the people in the blue sedan fired first and yet no mention of charges against any of them. Are they not guilty of firing into an occupied vehicle also?

Not saying he should have pursued them, but perhaps his intention was just to get a license plate number, then they opened fire on him.
    Supposedly, there is some discrepancy in that story. Other posts to the various news stories are saying that there was no weapon in the blue sedan.

In Texas it would be legal,but IMHO It wouldn't be prudent,It's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy surveillance cameras than to bond out of jail on a $500,000 bond.In A lot of cases people start running on emotions rather than good common sense,from what I can tell from the story shooter is claiming SD but Cops are saying no gun and possibly no gun powder residue on the occupants of the blue sedan.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Never ever chase. It's in the same training manual with the "warning shot" and "waive the gun to scare them away."
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Theres something I forgot,even tho you can't be sued by BG or family members for a justified shooting,opening fire on a moving vehicle which caused it to crash injuring 3 innocent people,even if you are found justified to use deadly force,as a result of your actions you will more than likely be sued by the innocent victims of your actions.
    just go buy some more lights
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Here in KY--if the BG is Running Away as in NO Threat to YOU, you shoot, well, you're going to jail. If someone steals property from me, I'm not gonna chase them, etc. If I'm in public and I can avoid pulling my weapon, I will. But if a person invades my home, well...different story. Do not chase!!!

Links