This has a few bad things about it.

This is a discussion on This has a few bad things about it. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Flint woman reports her gun stolen from her car | MLive.com From the arrticle someone stole her gun from her car in her driveway. The ...

Thread: This has a few bad things about it.

Flint woman reports her gun stolen from her car | MLive.com

From the arrticle someone stole her gun from her car in her driveway. The thing that bothered me was they gave the location of the car and make and model. Now the next junkie knows where to look for a gun since she will most likely replace this one with her insurance money.

It would have been better to keep the gun with her, but there are times when I will lock my gun in a car safe if I need to go into a gun free zone.

My Jeep has a lockbox that locks down into a base station. The base station is bolted to the floorboard. It'd take some effort to get that thing out. It's also hidden in a place that's difficult to see from the outside. Problem resolved.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Flint woman reports her gun stolen from her car | MLive.com

From the arrticle someone stole her gun from her car in her driveway. The thing that bothered me was they gave the location of the car and make and model. Now the next junkie knows where to look for a gun since she will most likely replace this one with her insurance money.

It would have been better to keep the gun with her, but there are times when I will lock my gun in a car safe if I need to go into a gun free zone.
    I agree with you; that was not very smart at all. Not only the junkies know about it now; after reading that article the neighbors and many other people will know about it too. Perhaps she did not want anyone to know that she had a gun.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

What was it doing in her car in her driveway? Hmmm... I do have a lock-box in my car but my pistol spends very little time in there.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    What was it doing in her car in her driveway? Hmmm... I do have a lock-box in my car but my pistol spends very little time in there.
    Ditto.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    wether your state allows for a gun to sleep in your car or not----

you have the permit; not the car.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Do junkies really read the newspaper? Just asking.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Ditto.
    I thought the exact same thing...

Unfortunately, some people actually think that a locked car or a locked glovebox in a car is actually secure.

Never heard of a slimjim? Or a screwdriver? A secured lockbox within is certainly not the ultimate in security either, but it's not what most thieves would expect to encounter - hence, be able to overcome as easily.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Do not keep guns overnight in your car...bad idea! I'm just sayin'...
    In Flint?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links