Young man shot when he opened his front door

Young man shot when he opened his front door

This is a discussion on Young man shot when he opened his front door within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Young man shot when he opened door of home, suspects on the loose | azfamily.com Phoenix...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Young man shot when he opened his front door

Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Reading stories like this make me want to carry my pistol in my hip even when I'm at home. But I think at some point I'd start wondering if I have some sort of mental problem.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    key words like--relatively quite neighborhood---as opposed to the really, really bad neighborhood a block or two away....

and --they knew each other---gee, gotta wonder about that now, right?

how about some reporting as in--how many times has the hispanic who was shot been arrested since he turned 18?
    how many times have the police been to that address before?

public information that is at a reporters fingertips if they knew how to report.
    or is it that there is something to hide?
    something the newspaper are in collusion with city politicians about?
    like how bad the crime really is and them not wanting those living in the suburbs knowing about it...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Not much for details on the victim and the shooter. It seems there was an accomplice involved as well. I'm guessing this was a gang involved shooting. That, or some stupid revenge based incident.

I wonder how long of a rap sheet the shooter has. I'm betting the victim has had a checkered past as well. Not that that justifies their being shot, but sometimes we associate ourselves with the wrong crowd. That can lead to bad things irregardless of why we did what we did.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Reading stories like this make me want to carry my pistol in my hip even when I'm at home. But I think at some point I'd start wondering if I have some sort of mental problem.
    Why would you not? I bet my G23 would hold up in the shower but I just havent tried it yet.

It's common knowledge that PD's in cities deny they have a gang problem until it is out of control and request outside help. Seldom does the news media report a vicious crime as gang related. Why? I don't know, other than there is no advantage to do so. Reporting it would make the Chief of Police and PD look like they can't handle the problem. Those that can afford it may possibly move, leaving the welfare recipients by themselves with no tax base to rape. Lower property values and a city in decay. Mass hysteria and a demand the PD do their jobs. Gee... if I were at the top of the food chain I'd be zipped mouth too! Disagreements?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Sucks to hear about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Why would you not? I bet my G23 would hold up in the shower but I just havent tried it yet.
    G23 would be fine. You can even add some soap. :)

100% of home invasion/burglaries occur at home,I carry 24/7 and I don't have a mental problem,I have a realistic awareness problem
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm at home right now, in a nice neighborhood, not much happens here, but my Glock-36 is on my hip as I type.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Going back to the whole, dont answer the door mantra. I dont care if someone hit my car at 1am and you are going to let me know, I have insurance.

I carry at home, every day.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

I never answer my front door unarmed -- the HOVA'S WITNESS' get a kick out of it.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Going back to the whole, dont answer the door mantra. I dont care if someone hit my car at 1am and you are going to let me know, I have insurance.
    well im sorta gonna wanna know about this seeing as da cars are in the garage under da bedroom---

and that long black thing youse be seeing poking out the window while ringing the bell....it aint a stick!
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Agree I have my gun in sight. But I usually don't have it on me when I'm in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am always armed unless I'm naked
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links