Woman shoots, kills intruder in Charlotte home invasion

This is a discussion on Woman shoots, kills intruder in Charlotte home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Great stroy! The best thing about reading these type of posts is, "Honey, I think we need to have a code word if the SHTF". ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Woman shoots, kills intruder in Charlotte home invasion

Great stroy! The best thing about reading these type of posts is, "Honey, I think we need to have a code word if the SHTF". Thanks SigHawk
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

2. Remove Ads

Can we all pause for a moment of silence for the poor dead guy?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

I just love a happy ending!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Angry Thugs ..

Nice to hear that there are still those who believe in defending themselves and their property. I have the "code word" ....... it's "shot placement" ......

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I've just printed a copy of this story for my wife to read. Funny thing is, she was always trying to get me to come to the range with her & her girlfriends when the spring gun show was running. She'd been to previous spring shows, & hit a range or two with the girls in Las Vegas. I finally relented in April 2010 & soon afterwards decided that I was going all in for firearm training & acquisition.

Now I can't get her to the range to train on the 2 pistols that I have for home & self defense. She says "you're ruining the fun"!

That is one of the reasons I carry a firearm, hon...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Just one more indicator in a long list of indicators why a person should be armed while inside their home.

I'm glad things turned out okay and no one was seriously hurt. No mention was made regarding the male resident who was accosted at his car regarding him having a gun on him or a ccw permit, but I'll assume he did not.

Which brings up the female resident having to shoot in what sounded like close proximity of male resident. Which means he's lucky he wasn't hit by friendly fire. Maybe if he had been carrying a gun on his person as he left for work, it would have been settled outside and the home never breached. But that's pure speculation.

Again, I'm glad it turned out okay and no innocents were seriously hurt. And at least one of the two robbers won't be doing that again. Good job on the woman homeowner!
    KimBobTex beat me to it, but as I read your post I was thinking the same thing about taking guns to work. How many of us have jobs where you can't bring your firearm to work, even if left in a locked car in the employee lot? I live in a very safe place in Destin, FL, but the most dangerous part of my day is my commute to and from work. Since I work on a military base, no gun for me from door to door. It sucks.

I'm glad Missouri has a law which prohibits an employer from denying guns in locked vehicles in the parking lot. So there is no worry about that in my state.

As far as military bases goes, I think each guard shack at every gate entrance should have a wall of safety deposit boxes for civilian employee's, visitors, etc. can lock their gun at the guard shack before entering the base.

I have a friend of mine who owns a pest control business and his primary reason for ccw was because of all the unsavory places he must go on his job. However it is not working out too well as he has a contract with one of our local military installations. He said it has proven to be too much hassle, and too much gas to return home in the middle of the day just to leave his gun before going to the military base.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I'm glad Missouri has a law which prohibits an employer from denying guns in locked vehicles in the parking lot. So there is no worry about that in my state.

As far as military bases goes, I think each guard shack at every gate entrance should have a wall of safety deposit boxes for civilian employee's, visitors, etc. can lock their gun at the guard shack before entering the base.

I have a friend of mine who owns a pest control business and his primary reason for ccw was because of all the unsavory places he must go on his job. However it is not working out too well as he has a contract with one of our local military installations. He said it has proven to be too much hassle, and too much gas to return home in the middle of the day just to leave his gun before going to the military base.
    I agree with you. I also fail to understand what part of "shall not be infringed" the feds fail to understand and why we keep letting them get away with it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Can we all pause for a moment of silence for the poor dead guy?
    There is no poor dead guy in this case. Just a deserving scumbag who chose to prey on the wrong couple.

You need to understand, we make choices in this life that define the kind of person we are. When you choose to prey on others so you can satisfy your own desires with the least amount of effort, you are not a member of society. You have chosen to be an animal. You deserve no respect, no pity, and definately do not deserve any remorse.

Unfortunately, I have seen this within my own family. I feel sadness for my Aunt and Uncle who were taken advantage of by my cousins who also stole from them. My Aunt has recently suffered some serious health problems and could use all of her family their supporting her the way she and my Uncle supported my Grandmother before she passed. She is suffering because two of her three kids are worthless trash that abandoned her once she stopped taking care of them. I save my pity and remorse for people like her. They are the ones who deserve compassion. Not the people who made their own poor choices.

If I sound harsh and condescending, well, so be it. I will not apologize for being raised by good people, and not making the same poor choices others around me have. I was taught to take responsibility for my actions, and I expect others to do so as well.
    ksholder likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links