UGLY!!! Dad shoots his kids & wife & brother in rural Wyoming

This is a discussion on UGLY!!! Dad shoots his kids & wife & brother in rural Wyoming within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Wyoming Man Accused of Killing His 3 Children - FoxNews.com Bottom-line: Dad kills his sons, adult brother and wounds his wife. Wheatland is a ...

Thread: UGLY!!! Dad shoots his kids & wife & brother in rural Wyoming

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

UGLY!!! Dad shoots his kids & wife & brother in rural Wyoming

Police: Wyoming Man Accused of Killing His 3 Children - FoxNews.com

Bottom-line: Dad kills his sons, adult brother and wounds his wife.

Wheatland is a farming and ranching community of about 3,600 at the edge of the plains, not far from the Laramie Mountains. It is about 70 miles north of Cheyenne.

"It's just a very tragic thing," Wheatland Mayor Jean Dixon said. "It's hard to comment on something that just never occurs around here.[[bold & Italic added It's like, `How can it happen?' This is a small community. We all know each other. It's just tragic."

Read more: Police: Wyoming Man Accused of Killing His 3 Children - FoxNews.com
    Anytime, anywhere........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

That just makes me sick!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

I don't know how any parent can murder their own children. I always wonder what these people were like before these things happen. I doubt otherwise "normal" people just suddenly snap. Of course, only people who live in the household really get a good look at his personality.

That is to sad that guy need to died himself that is so wrong in so many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just never know what people will do. This guy had some obvious problems, and no gun laws could have stopped him.
    Sad all the way around.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I understand that people can fall into a terrible state of hopelessness, but how do you stop being a parent? How the heck does one look at a child, much less your own, & do something like that?

Sometimes it seems like we are seeing new lows in selfishness out there.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Kinda shocked to hear that happened less than 100 miles from me. Never expect this kind of thing here, but guess it proves people can be evil no matter where they are.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Kinda shocked to hear that happened less than 100 miles from me. Never expect this kind of thing here, but guess it proves people can be evil no matter where they are.
    I think it is better to say that people can do evil no matter where they are. I had a friend in WV who was a great guy. Then he started having mental prolems. We knew he was struggling but instead of making him get help we (meaning myself and all his friends) thought that he just needed a little time. What he really needed was antipsychotic meds. He needed professional help. In the end he murdered his wife and another poor schmo who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then he killed himself.

He was not an evil person, he was a nice guy who had a part of his brain go haywire. In fact, he was the guitar player in our church band and he had one of the best senses of humor I have ever seen. He could make anyone smile at anytime. I consider my failure in recognizing the seriousness of his problems ahead of time as one of my life's greatest failures. I've spent hours wishing I could have done something different. I'm over the guilt, mostly, now I just wish I had my friend back.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Maybe in some instances that could be true, but in many it's just a ploy to sit in prison for 20 years on the joke we call death row. This guy if guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt (and it sounds pretty much that way) should have his neck stretched next week. Most likely he'll live a long time at us the taxpayer expense because he's declared insane. Well Duhhhh, normal people don't murder their family, still don't make him less evil and a plague on society. If I'm being overly critical well I don't apologize. We have way too much of this crap going on in our society and not dealing with it just breeds more.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Maybe in some instances that could be true, but in many it's just a ploy to sit in prison for 20 years on the joke we call death row. This guy if guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt (and it sounds pretty much that way) should have his neck stretched next week. Most likely he'll live a long time at us the taxpayer expense because he's declared insane. Well Duhhhh, normal people don't murder their family, still don't make him less evil and a plague on society. If I'm being overly critical well I don't apologize. We have way too much of this crap going on in our society and not dealing with it just breeds more.
    Well, I won't argue with you. There are evil people out there. It's just that in this case the guy was a family man, not some sicko predator of some sort. We really just don't know all of the details and, to be honest, you could still be right. It's just that this story kinda hit home for me and brought up some bad memories.

Sorry to rain on your rant parade. I'd usually put a smiley here to let you know I was joking but it just isn't the place for a smile.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Horrible

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Well, I won't argue with you. There are evil people out there. It's just that in this case the guy was a family man, not some sicko predator of some sort. We really just don't know all of the details and, to be honest, you could still be right. It's just that this story kinda hit home for me and brought up some bad memories.

Sorry to rain on your rant parade. I'd usually put a smiley here to let you know I was joking but it just isn't the place for a smile.
    atctimmy: There are really no words that can express the horror that comes into people's lives and hearts when these kind of incidents occur. Its the kind of horror that leaves permanent scars on all involved. Many people would like to believe that the world is a sane, predictable place, where only bad, evil people do bad and evil things, but we know that just isn't so. Yes, there are those evil people out there, and then there are those legitimate cases where the wiring in the brain "short-circuts" and really strange, bizzare things occur--but they still leave scars.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Links