The ignorant media

This is a discussion on The ignorant media within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 men sought in N. Harris store robbery with assault rifle | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle I bet you anything ...

Thread: The ignorant media

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

The ignorant media

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Texas should be ashamed of that newspaper....but as to the "automatic rifle" they must have Clark Kent eyes to see that.

and Ernie---I'm in on your bet---its airsoft. if it was real, its worth more to sell on the streets than a petty robbery is gonna net him.
    though it is not unheard of for a criminal to be stupid. unusual, but it happens.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The media in general, is either ignorant and/or intentionally deceptive with regard to firearms.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I just read the article. What is there that makes you think it was an airsoft?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I just read the article. What is there that makes you think it was an airsoft?

Just a hunch. Maybe its the Sponge Bob pajamas.

The liberal media always describes unfortunate gun events with unflattering untrue terms. Guns are "high powered", "automatic", "military-style", "assault weapons" or "high capacity". Gun owners are portrayed as paranoid, irresponsible, unsteady, anti-social, recluses. Ammunition is described as "cop killer" and "able to penetrate bullet proof vests". Then they tell you that guns are dangerous in "untrained" hands, that you will be disarmed and killed by your own gun. Then the new one: lack of regulation and easy access to guns is "racist", when in fact, regulations aim to prevent minorities from acquiring weapons. Here's some famous gun control advocates in history: Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin, Mussolini, Ghaddafi, Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    The media in general, is either ignorant and/or intentionally deceptive with regard to firearms.
    both ^^

Links