Stabbing downtown

Stabbing downtown

This is a discussion on Stabbing downtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think that the "victim" showed a lot of restrain in this incident by not using his folding knife immediately after the first choke hold. ...

Thread: Stabbing downtown

Stabbing downtown

I think that the "victim" showed a lot of restrain in this incident by not using his folding knife immediately after the first choke hold. Or, maybe "forgot it was there" (the knife).
    SPD Blotter » Assault/Stabbing downtown
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Amazed of the use of the word "victim" in this story. Considfering the location.

Re read, at first I thought it was a news story.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

RKM
    I kinda want to know what kind of knife it was. And was that a justifiable use of a knife? I carry a knife as a secondary line of defense (can't reach the gun, out of ammo, etc.) Mainly for utility use. But I've often wondered, when is a knife justifiable? It's not commonly used in self defense like a firearm. Especially against and unarmed BG. Unless disparity of force comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I kinda want to know what kind of knife it was. And was that a justifiable use of a knife? I carry a knife as a secondary line of defense (can't reach the gun, out of ammo, etc.) Mainly for utility use. But I've often wondered, when is a knife justifiable? It's not commonly used in self defense like a firearm. Especially against and unarmed BG. Unless disparity of force comes into play.
    I think the victim was more than justified in using his knife in this situation, just to bad he wasn`t able to take the bad guy out.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I think that a knife is justifiable in the same light as a gun. As both are deadly weapons.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Links