Teen dies after accidentally shooting himself at Rock Hill home

This is a discussion on Teen dies after accidentally shooting himself at Rock Hill home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Idiot broke the basic rules of gun safety. It will be interesting to see how he obtained the gun especially after seeing his facebook page ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Teen dies after accidentally shooting himself at Rock Hill home

Idiot broke the basic rules of gun safety. It will be interesting to see how he obtained the gun especially after seeing his facebook page posted in the comments (bandanna covering his face and flashing gang signs).

Teen dies after accidentally shooting himself at Rock Hill home | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Idiot with a gun...great..thanks.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    And, like everyone else in the world- "He was a great kid"...

And another Darwin Award goes to..........
    ------------------------------

That's less than a mile from where I live...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

He was a kid - he made a stupid mistake - my god guys, a kid died - that doesn't make him an idiot - it makes him a tragedy - he wasn 't as lucky as all of us - he didn't live to regret his mistakes
    dcselby1 and Erick46590 like this.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    He was a kid - he made a stupid mistake - my god guys, a kid died - that doesn't make him an idiot - it makes him a tragedy - he wasn 't as lucky as all of us - he didn't live to regret his mistakes
    You're right. But what I think makes him an idiot is- “He was joking around,” Annie Bratton said. “He thought he had emptied all of the bullets from the gun. He was playing with the gun and he pulled the trigger”, and "Annie Bratton said she didn’t know her son had a gun. “I don't want no guns in my house. Not even toy guns,” she said. No one in the house owned the gun, and officers are trying to determine how the teen got the weapon, Redfearn said. "

He broke so many of the rules of handling a gun, and it didn't belong to him or anyone else in the house. And, if you follow a link to his FaceBook page, you'll see him shirtless, hiding his face with a bandanna, and showing gang signs.
    rolyat63 likes this.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

No...he was an idiot...and every time a death like this happens, it becomes another case for more "common sense gun control"...which would not have prevented suicide by stupidity.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    “We don’t know what his intentions were at the time,” Redfearn said. “We know it wasn’t suicide.”
    It was outright stupidity playing with something he knew nothing about.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

18 yr old , has a 2 yr old son, playing like the cool guy to some 13-16 yr olds, and then shoots himself.

Really cool.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

“He was joking around,” Annie Bratton said. “He thought he had emptied all of the bullets from the gun. He was playing with the gun and he pulled the trigger.”

Read more: Teen dies after accidentally shooting himself at Rock Hill home | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper
    That is just so sad.. I sure don't understand how something like that can happen..... It's just to easy to clear a weapon and make it safe for stuff like this to happen.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I don't care how many times I clear a gun,check chamber,no mag, I don't play around and stick the muzzle to my head and pull the trigger,too many "JESUS" bullets (JESUS HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE)
    8th ID likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe he had one of those really difficult guns to clear.... You know, the ones that load themselves? When you're not looking?

My semi-auto Taurus, and my EAA revolver stay clear once I clear them. Maybe (insert gun owner's name) gun didn't like him, and reloaded itself when nobody was looking.
    Chad Rogers likes this.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Sounds like he was a thug. Him cleansing the gene pool of himself probably saved who knows how many people from getting killed or robbed at his hands.

It is tragic, period. He sounded irresponsible, feckless and maybe even a thug, but a human life was lost. A young one, at that. Youth implies quite a lot of potential time to right the ship and be a productive, responsible adult, and he no longer gets that time. Sad.

Yep any responsible gun owner knows the basic rules of gun handling, they don't teach those rules in gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snider View Post
    It is tragic, period. He sounded irresponsible, feckless and maybe even a thug, but a human life was lost. A young one, at that. Youth implies quite a lot of potential time to right the ship and be a productive, responsible adult, and he no longer gets that time. Sad.
    It is sad. But I can't help but take it 'with a grain of salt'; that he was 18, in illegal possession of a (potentially) illegal handgun, that his mother knew nothing about.

Sad, without a doubt, but he did do it to himself. He somehow forgot the main/only reason anyone wants a handgun- they kill. Lynyrd Skynyrd said it best in this case- "handguns are made for killin'; ain't good for nothin' else"

Yep any responsible gun owner knows the basic rules of gun handling, they don't teach those rules in gangs.
    Remember; he didn't own it. Nobody did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links