BAD: Group of 20 men attack 17 year old with bats and a knife.

This is a discussion on BAD: Group of 20 men attack 17 year old with bats and a knife. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Large gang attacks Beaver Dam teen - TODAY'S TMJ4 BEAVER DAM (Population ~16,000) - Beaver Dam Police are looking for a gang of 20 men ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: BAD: Group of 20 men attack 17 year old with bats and a knife.

Large gang attacks Beaver Dam teen - TODAY'S TMJ4

BEAVER DAM (Population ~16,000) - Beaver Dam Police are looking for a gang of 20 men who attacked a 17 year-old with baseball bats.

Police say just before 1:00AM Sunday morning the teen was beat and stabbed after a physical altercation. Police won't say what led up to this mob attack but neighbors who talked to TODAY'S TMJ4 insist the teen was targeted.

"I know there were bats involved and there was a knife. I found a knife in the street," said Daryl Smith. Smith lives at the intersection of Madison and West Mill where the attack happened. He's also the teen's next door neighbor.

"They went straight to that house asked the kid where his brother was. He said he didn't know and they started beating him up," explained Smith.

Police say the men wore white T-shirts. After the attack the mob took off running on West Mill street. Witnesses say the beating with bats lasted a few minutes and eventually spilled into the street.

Neighbors tell me the attack occurred soon after Lake Days, a festival near Beaver Lake.

Police won't say if this mob attack is gang related but neighbors are convinced this was not random.

"Absolutely targeted. They were here for a reason, " said Smith. It's unclear exactly what brought the gang to the area. TODAY'S TMJ4 tried to get the teen and his mother to explain but they refused to comment.

Neighbors said the 17 year-old was cut in his arm and has staples in this head from the attack.

Beaver Dam Police continue to investigate. It's unclear if detectives have any leads.

At the end of the video clip, they also mention an unrelated attack, a group of about 10-15 students robbed and attacked 2 students at a college a mile or so from my college.

After hearing stories like this, it makes you think maybe you should start carrying another magazine or four.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    A guy survives an attack by 20 armed men? What a tough guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    A guy survives an attack by 20 armed men? What a tough guy!
    That's what I thought too.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    Large gang attacks Beaver Dam teen - TODAY'S TMJ4
    Police say just before 1:00AM Sunday morning the teen was beat and stabbed after a physical altercation.
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but what is a 17 year old doing out roaming the streets at 01:00?
    Grandma always told me "nothing good happens after midnight, be home".

Sounds to me like thugs being thugs,as far as lots of ammo usually when shots ring out people holding onto bats and knives tend to figure out really quick they wore the wrong shoes to this dance
    8th ID and Inspector71 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but what is a 17 year old doing out roaming the streets at 01:00?
    Grandma always told me "nothing good happens after midnight, be home".
    He wasn't he made the mistake of answering the door at 0100 in the morning.

Links