BAD: three dead, two injured GOOD: Armed neighbor helps cop/holds perp @ gunpoint

BAD: three dead, two injured GOOD: Armed neighbor helps cop/holds perp @ gunpoint

This is a discussion on BAD: three dead, two injured GOOD: Armed neighbor helps cop/holds perp @ gunpoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Subject of 50b restraining order comes home and shoots nearly everyone. Then flees and broadsides the responding officer. A neighhbor, seeing the collisions, runs into ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: BAD: three dead, two injured GOOD: Armed neighbor helps cop/holds perp @ gunpoint

Subject of 50b restraining order comes home and shoots nearly everyone. Then flees and broadsides the responding officer. A neighhbor, seeing the collisions, runs into his apartment,g rabs his gun and holds perp at gunpoint untl officer can get out of the car and subdue the shooter.

SIDENOTE: NOTICE HOW THE DIFFERENT MEDIA OUTLETS REPORT THE NEIGHBOR's CONTRIBUTION

TV stations:

WFMY NEWS2
    Police said a man walked into an apartment with an assault rifle and shot five people.
    He was later arrested by police with the assistance of a neighbor.
    WXII NEWS12 They don't bother mentoining the neighbor's actions at all
    Greensboro Police Chief Ken Miller said when the first officer arrived, he saw someone driving away in a Toyota pickup truck. When the officer followed, the driver of the truck accelerated and collided with the police cruiser, pinning the officer inside, he said.
    The officer was able to climb out and arrest the driver, later identified as Rcom, who then told officers about the shooting, Miller said.

Read more: Police: Dad Shot Son Dead, 2 Others - Winston-Salem News Story - WXII The Triad

Newspapers:
    Greensboro News & Record:
    Greensboro Police Chief Ken Miller said an onlooking resident then ran back to his apartment, retrieved a gun and used it to keep the suspect in place until the officer got out of his car on the passenger side.
    Winston-Salem Journal
    A witness said a man in the complex came to the officer's aid during the arrest.

"He ran into his apartment and retrieved a firearm and helped until the officer could control the suspect and keep him from fleeing. He was prepared to help the officer and prevent the officer from being injured, and that's pretty significant, I think," the witness said.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Funny isn't it, how anti-gun bias will show through, not only by what is said, but also by what is not said.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    The police should thank the armed citizen more, I believe without him doing this, the perp might well have been able to execute the officer he rammed.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I agree that the PD should have thanked the citizen for his assistance. As to the perp executing the officer, I don't think that was an issue as in at least one account the murder weapon was found inside the location and I saw no indication that the perp had another weapon.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I wouldn't have to run into my house to retrieve a firearm
    Freedom Doc and RETSUPT99 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I wouldn't have to run into my house to retrieve a firearm
    ^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Links