Bad: Reminder to always carry

This is a discussion on Bad: Reminder to always carry within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I didn't know this gentlemen personally, but I know some that did, and his death was a real loss to the community. This is a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sig225
  • 2 Post By mkh

Thread: Bad: Reminder to always carry

VIP Member

I didn't know this gentlemen personally, but I know some that did, and his death was a real loss to the community. This is a follow-up article to his murder last year that contains a poignant quote from one of his friends:

"Benny knew better. He always had a gun on him," Driggers said. "But that morning, that morning he left his gun behind."

UPDATE: Man charged in pawn shop murder pleads guilty

Reminds me of a case a couple of years ago where 2 guys were robbed on the street and killed,one guys family told the cops that he always carried a gun but it wasn't at the scene,when the went to the apartment they found his gun,he had left it behind
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you own any type of business in today's society, you need to be ready for anything. As a one time restaurant owner, I realize the importance of always staying alert, and understandng the risk involved of arriving early, or staying late at the business, conducting banking and also having cash on hand, that is an invitation to low-life criminals.

The death penalty would help to detour senseless acts such as this.

Why feed and cloth killers ?
    Old School likes this.

This store owner made a choice to be unarmed, and it was his fatal mistake (even though being armed is no 100% guarantee of safety). Such a waste of a decent life that was working for a living, and it was taken by a dirtbag whose only job was taking from others.
    I sometimes have to be unarmed because of my employment. Life goes on and I must deal with the parameters given...I usually have that thought about Mr. Murphy showing up, but not much I can do about it except keep up the SA.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

mkh
    A valuable lesson hopefully learned by others. Unfortunately too late for the shop owner.

A friend showed me his new CCW last Sunday at church. I asked him if he carried and his response was "sometimes'. I replied "So you know which days the bad guys are going to cause trouble?"

Hopefully he got the message.
    deadguy and ArkhmAsylm like this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    terrible story. Not a safe place to be (Disgusta).
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

A good reminder to always carry. Sometimes my girlfriend will give me a look like I'm crazy because I've been carrying in a "safe" place where she doesn't think I should need a gun.

So I just like to jokingly tell her "ok, I'll make sure to only protect myself and let you handle it on your own.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Why guys like this don't get the death penalty is beyond me...
    Last edited by Lotus222; July 22nd, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Why guys like this don't get the death penalty is beyond me...
    Why scum like this don't just plea to the death penalty rather than sit in jail for life, I'll never know!
    * Maybe it has something to do with cowardice? *
    I would rather live on the streets than in a hell-hole like prison.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Sad story for sure.... Maybe the dirt-bag will catch a brick to head while in the yard, or some other form of bad luck that may end up saving the tax payers from feeding his sorry butt...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sig225 View Post
    If you own any type of business in today's society, you need to be ready for anything. As a one time restaurant owner, I realize the importance of always staying alert, and understandng the risk involved of arriving early, or staying late at the business, conducting banking and also having cash on hand, that is an invitation to low-life criminals.

The death penalty would help to detour senseless acts such as this.

Why feed and cloth killers ?
    Very true

Sad story. Unfortunately this happens far too often.

Good reminder. When you least expect it life has a way of smacking you right in the face.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

He should be meeting the needle, not life. Really though, he should be meeting old sparkey with the voltage turned way down to start with. Even that is too fast, so I'll let it go at that.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Can someone explain what the hell good it does to give this piece of crap two life sentences plus thirty years ?????????. Someone like this should be taken out behind the court house, tied to a post and shot (more than once). But instead he is put in prison for life any we the tax payer have to pay to feed and clothe the worthless piece of crap.

I got a reminder today to always carry when I heard about today's shooting in Norway (where I grew up). This sick person (nationalist) first blows up a government building downtown (7 are currently confirmed dead, but there will most likely be many more). Then he goes to a small island where there is a Labor Party youth camp and start killing people. Currently there are 10 confirmed dead from this scene, but eye witnesses says there are tens of dead here. I suspect the death toll will be updated in the morning. It's not the kind of place you expect things like this to happen, so if it can happen there, it can happen in my neighborhood and I will make sure I carry whenever I can from now on.

BBC News - Norway hit by deadly bomb and shooting attacks

I just read that there are at least 80 killed on the island, most of them kids!

Links