Road Rage?

This is a discussion on Road Rage? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Or drug deal gone wrong? Guys story has a fishy aroma. Road rage leads to shooting on I-275 http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/ju...dent-on-i-275/...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By claude clay
  • 2 Post By Bubbiesdad

Thread: Road Rage?

Road Rage?

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Sounds fishy or at the least moronic. Who gets out of their car on the highway after an exchange with another driver?
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I almost wonder if he had a ND and made up the story. I grew up in the area and I would NEVER have pulled over. I agree with rj, this one has a odor about it.

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    I almost wonder if he had a ND and made up the story. I grew up in the area and I would NEVER have pulled over. I agree with rj, this one has a odor about it.
    My thoughts exactly! It would be real interesting to see the seat of his vehicle.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I had a guy attempting to harass me just the other day because he felt that I should have slowed down to let him cut me off earlier. He tailgated until I got to my exit, but veered back onto the freeway & yelled something as he flew by. I didn't engage, step on my brakes, or change my driving (other than to prepare for the worst case scenario) throughout. I'm sure as heck not going to pull over because they want me to...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Administrator
    In my experiance, almost all "road rage" incidents are completely moronic, with a good deal of them made up. Its such a catch phrase and pop cultish, everybody tries to blame their own stupid actions on "road rage".
    "Just blame Sixto"

Everybody seems to turn into "Goofy" when they get into a motor vehicle!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Engaging in a road rage incident can get you into trouble in a number of ways. If you're armed, let the idiots go, do not exchange hand signals (as much as you may sometimes like to...), drive on...
    If you are 'witnessed' engaging, and then something happens involving your weapon...you've made yourself PART of the perceived problem...not good!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    every day i go out and about....perhaps 6 stops over 35 miles

and it seems that some where along my journeys--varying from pristine neighborhoods to towntrash line;
    no one place in particular an event with an 'edgy' feel to it occurs.

this compares to 15 years ago when it may have been once a month...if that.

i do not enjoy the sharing the road with others; though i still like to drive.
    something like 3x as many cars today as 30 years ago on the same number of miles of road.

many threads about SA and stress---well, driving lately is bordering on that.
    too many otherwise normal people have too high a stress in their workday lives; and than going home to kids/medical and ever increasing property tax bills--
    among the other bills that always seem to be going up faster than what the parents are bringing in.

Rage is against the machine; the road is but a small ( though highly visible) part of it.
    Vtxdpm likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I agree "claude", it must be the difficult economic times we're living in. Stress levels are running at all time highs. Seems like everybody is angry or mad,
    just waiting for the smallest little thing to set them off. I don't know, but I don't see it getting better any time soon though. I'm afraid that the majority of this Country is about two missed paychecks away from anarchy.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There is something about gripping a steering wheel that turns someone into a loose nut behind it. Road rage is like Sixto said, just plain moronic.

This incident however if there was a road rage shooter, they are a very bad shot to say the least. Unless they were aiming for the ankle or using a Hi-Point 9mm and shooting at someone's head.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Engaging in a road rage incident can get you into trouble in a number of ways. If you're armed, let the idiots go, do not exchange hand signals (as much as you may sometimes like to...), drive on...
    If you are 'witnessed' engaging, and then something happens involving your weapon...you've made yourself PART of the perceived problem...not good!
    I have become more calm when driving since I got my HCP. Someone cuts me off, no horn, no gestures. I mutter a little to myself. Last place you want to find yourself is in a courtroom being asked, "If you were carrying a firearm, why did you escalate the situation"?
    Tzadik and oneshot like this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    There is something about gripping a steering wheel that turns someone into a loose nut behind it. Road rage is like Sixto said, just plain moronic.

Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

That cartoon is slanderous!! Where's my gun?

Links