Woman shot with flare gun

This is a discussion on Woman shot with flare gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently two guys tried to rob a woman, they shot her in the leg with a flare gun, the cartridge had been loaded with nails. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Woman shot with flare gun

VIP Member

Woman shot with flare gun

Apparently two guys tried to rob a woman, they shot her in the leg with a flare gun, the cartridge had been loaded with nails.

Woman shot with flare gun; 2 arrested | Home | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

These two dirtbag are going to find out what it's like to get 'nailed' in prison.
    Erick46590 and ArkhmAsylm like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Good Lord. If someone ever shoots me with a flare gun, I do believe that's when my 'righteous anger' will set in (ref. Lima's anger post).
    packinnova likes this.

Well, I suppose the good thing about a flare gun is that I believe they only have one shot. So Lets see, flare gun with one shot vs. 9mm with 15 rounds... Hmm. I know which side I'd rather be on.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Shoot at me with a flare gun, that would really burn me up!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I know what I'm getting for a BUG,the look on a BG's face when he sees a ball of fire coming at him would be priceless.
    YOU light up my life,you give me strength to outrun your gun,you lighten my load as i defecate in fear
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

we need to demand flare gun registration! and if you want to carry one you must apply for a background check and a permit

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Good Lord. If someone ever shoots me with a flare gun, I do believe that's when my 'righteous anger' will set in (ref. Lima's anger post).
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." -- Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

"Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Glad they found them and that she is ok.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    Well,

You can't fix stupid..

Blindfold and a cigarette for these two knuckledraggers.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I think better to have nails as the projectile than phosphorus.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Dukalmight: They make 12ga rounds called Dragon's Breath. Find them at your gun show or search. It's a phosporus round that shoots a flame 100yards (300ft) downrange. It's quite devastating and only person I've ever heard of getting shot with one broke into a home through the window and got shot in torso. It killed them and basically they were burnt to a crispy critter right there. Now if you just want to be mean, they have one with a big ball and buckshot behind it or two balls and a cable with about a foot in between....LOL

Just a thought about how the criminals made a weapon when something more effective wasn't available to them. They didn't have an eeeeevil black assault weapon, so they made do with an improved zip gun. Gun control will never work for just that reason.

And check out a video on youtube called "Rounds of Authority". They show a variety of different shotgun loads in ballistic gel including flares. Deadly force without a doubt. It would be good to watch so you could articulate to a jury why you shot somebody with "just a flaregun".
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    seems to define the action rather than the tool as the crime.
    but later in the article they say that they were felons possessing it. that changes it to a dangerous weapon.

whatever--they are the dangerous weapon and need to be blunted as necessary.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Links