Airport Man with gun arrested - Page 2

Airport Man with gun arrested

This is a discussion on Airport Man with gun arrested within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by adric22 I've seen some other people on the internet talking about this. I gather that the man may have been testing Texas's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Airport Man with gun arrested

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I've seen some other people on the internet talking about this. I gather that the man may have been testing Texas's travelling laws. Many people have interpreted the laws to say that if a person is travelling that most of the handgun laws don't apply. In texas if you are travelling you do not require a permit to carry a concealed handgun and many suggest that you could even carry it openly despite the fact that Texas does not normally allow OC.
    Texas old travel law was I think specific about concealed carry; and usually interpreted as requiring that you be out of your county over night. I suppose if this man wanted to board a plane, go to the ticket counter to check a gun, the travel law might remotely apply, but then the gun also needs to be in a locked container.

If he is not deranged, he badly misunderstood the law, or he chose to push the envelope. If the latter, I hope he has the money for his defense.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Unfortunately, things like that will occur when your mother and father are also your sister and brother. Banjo roll please...

It may be that he thought his cute little plated badge put him above the law.

I guess he found out differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links