BAD & UGLY: College campus rapist still at large

This is a discussion on BAD & UGLY: College campus rapist still at large within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another example of why it is important to teach your women-folk SA/SD Ann Arbor Officials Focusing On 5 Attacks On Women - Detroit Local News ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BAD & UGLY: College campus rapist still at large

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

BAD & UGLY: College campus rapist still at large

Another example of why it is important to teach your women-folk SA/SD

Ann Arbor Officials Focusing On 5 Attacks On Women - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit

2. Remove Ads

Hope they catch the dirtbag and put him away. Maybe he'll get his, in prison.
    Erick46590 and Freedom Doc like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

They need to put a few police women on the streets...women who are excellent shots.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

piece of trash. if one of the women were armed, would that be justified?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    piece of trash. if one of the women were armed, would that be justified?
    Not sure about Detroit. But if it happened here in Texas, most certainly would be justified.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Assuming they were legally armed, I don't think it would be illegal anywhere to shot someone trying to rape you.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    In KY, if you catch someone raping someone, you can kill the rapist on the spot - completely justified shooting. This is as long as you shoot "during" the act. If he stops when you catch him, you can't shoot.

VIP Member
    Mayor says he wants to work with the Chief of police with whatever overtime it takes, etc,etc.

Chief of police needs to order around 5-10,000 cans of OC spray and hand it out to the ladies on campus.
    The ones with the dye in it, so the whole town can ID the knuckledragger.

Will they do that though???

Nope, cause we're talking about a town where THEY think THEY can/need to protect you{false assumtion tho' it may be}
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Would be a legal shoot in Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    In KY, if you catch someone raping someone, you can kill the rapist on the spot - completely justified shooting. This is as long as you shoot "during" the act. If he stops when you catch him, you can't shoot.
    Need some help here. I thought about this situation many times in my mind. If the scumbag is in the act of raping a women, how do you shoot them without risking shooting the victim? I think if you shoot them in the back and the bullet passes though, obviously a problem. Also, all kinds of other issues like missing the perp and hitting the victim, etc.

Circumstances would definitely be a factor, I suspect that if you were to shoot, a side head shot would be the best. I might well lean toward pistol whipping instead.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    Need some help here. I thought about this situation many times in my mind. If the scumbag is in the act of raping a women, how do you shoot them without risking shooting the victim? I think if you shoot them in the back and the bullet passes though, obviously a problem. Also, all kinds of other issues like missing the perp and hitting the victim, etc.
    Good point. I agree with Guantes, your action would depend on the specific situation. You obviously don't want to do anything to put the victim in any danger.

Depending on position of perp nothing says "UHOH" like the feel of cold steel in your rectum
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Depending on position of perp nothing says "UHOH" like the feel of cold steel in your rectum
    So there ya go...

Texas it is legal too:

"Sec. 9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect a third person if:
    (1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31 or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and
    (2) the actor reasonably believes that his intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person."

Section 9.31 is the personal self defense laws. So, you can defend someone else the same you would yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links