Ugly

Ugly

This is a discussion on Ugly within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A passenger's gun accidentally discharged at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport on Monday, injuring an airline employee, police said. Edward Deubler, 65, of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By babarock
  • 1 Post By ntkb

Thread: Ugly

Ugly

A passenger's gun accidentally discharged at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport on Monday, injuring an airline employee, police said.

Edward Deubler, 65, of Harvey, Louisiana, was checking his hunting rifle at the United Airlines ticket counter when the weapon discharged, according to Sgt. Larry Dyess, a spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

The bullet struck a counter, and a piece hit an airline employee in the leg, Dyess said. The employee was taken to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.

Deubler was issued a misdemeanor summons for negligent injury. His court appearance date is unknown, and the district attorney's office declined to comment on the incident.

(Who takes there rifle to the airport to check it in and doesn't know it is still loaded? I am a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but some folks shouldn't have guns. )

Makes everyone else look bad in the eyes of anti-gunners.

So do we want to count how many basic rules this guy toasted? Good grief!
    Old School likes this.

What a dim wick!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

From time to time I find myself wondering just how some people get through the day.

Oh... well it would appear that some of them don’t.
    Erick46590 likes this.

>.< its PRETTY easy to safety a weapon, and im pretty sure i'd check like TWELVE times if im taking it to an airport. What an idiot
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    A passenger's gun accidentally discharged at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport on Monday, injuring an airline employee, police said.

Edward Deubler, 65, of Harvey, Louisiana, was checking his hunting rifle at the United Airlines ticket counter when the weapon discharged, according to Sgt. Larry Dyess, a spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

The bullet struck a counter, and a piece hit an airline employee in the leg, Dyess said. The employee was taken to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.

Deubler was issued a misdemeanor summons for negligent injury. His court appearance date is unknown, and the district attorney's office declined to comment on the incident.

(Who takes there rifle to the airport to check it in and doesn't know it is still loaded? I am a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but some folks shouldn't have guns. )
    OK....You have to be really stupid to bring a loaded weapon to the airport, but I once lived in Harvey, Louisiana and trust me, stupidity makes the town noteworthy.

So, the question remains. How, exactly, did the weapon manage to discharge? Spontaneous reaction? Or, could somebody have been messing around with the trigger? Ohhh....there's a something to thing about. If you touch the "bang button", will it make a noise?

Administrator
    repost
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links