Chicago news manipulation of shooting

This is a discussion on Chicago news manipulation of shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I read about this shooting on the Huffingtonpost. Jimmell Cannon Shot Eight Times By Police While Allegedly Holding A BB Gun The article has a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By azchevy

Thread: Chicago news manipulation of shooting

I read about this shooting on the Huffingtonpost.

Jimmell Cannon Shot Eight Times By Police While Allegedly Holding A BB Gun

The article has a more liberal slant.

Basically a 13 year old was shot in the park because he is accused of having a bb gun, not putting it down when commanded to by police and then shot when he pointed it at them.

Sounds like a justified shooting in this case to me.

The article and comments following it have a lot of its only because he's black, he was supposed to be a good kid etc, the media is taking the politically correct bs approach and not taking any real scrutiny of this kid. Not only that, they go so far as to manipulate his media image by cropping his facebook profile picture.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002170123342

take a look here at the photo shown on the news and once again his facebook photo uncropped.

Given the choice between the police and the media… | RedState

Looks like gang signs to me and according to an article its vice lords gang signs that he's flashing.

The media needs to report on what these "victims" really are, criminals.

It happens everywhere. I taught in the Omaha Public Schools, very poor inner city district surrounded by affluent districts. And you would constantly hear on the news of our "troubled" students who committed a crime or were "victims" and how they were all really good kids, just turning their lives around. Sometimes you would have actually taught the kid or know of them from your school and the media portrayal is just flat out lies. Most of these victims are scum, plain and simple, and when they die or get injured due to their criminal lifestlyes, they have brought it on themselves.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

you can always expect the media to slant any story like this, it is part of the plan to destroy our country by undermining the authorities.

The chicago police support and enforce anti-constituional laws. I could care less what happens to them.
    Inspector71 and Spidey2011 like this.

The second link has already been killed.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    The chicago police support and enforce anti-constituional laws. I could care less what happens to them.
    I'm with this. While I'm thinking this whole situation is a cluster, the Chicago PD isn't an organization I'm particularly fond of.

Yeah I figured that the Facebook link would he taken down quickly. The third link should still have both the cropped and original picture.

I'm also not trying to back up the Chicago PD, my main concern is that young criminals get a politically correct presentation by the news. I have no interest in setting foot in the state of Illinois until they get on board with ccw.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Nothing that comes out of Illinois surprises me. When you let politicians go unchecked for decades, you get Illinois.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Chicago crime is a direct result of the policies of the city of chicago, namely dictator daley and his cohorts. Chicago is #1 on my list of: Do not spend tourist dollars here.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Yeah I figured that the Facebook link would he taken down quickly. The third link should still have both the cropped and original picture.

I'm also not trying to back up the Chicago PD, my main concern is that young criminals get a politically correct presentation by the news. I have no interest in setting foot in the state of Illinois until they get on board with ccw.
    ALL criminals get a politically correct presentation by the news. They're afraid to put "13 year old gang banger shot after threatening police." as headlines, when, in reality, that's exactly what it should say. He pointed a gun at police, he got shot. I can't say that surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    ALL criminals get a politically correct presentation by the news. They're afraid to put "13 year old gang banger shot after threatening police." as headlines, when, in reality, that's exactly what it should say. He pointed a gun at police, he got shot. I can't say that surprises me.
    All too true

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Chicago crime is a direct result of the policies of the city of chicago, namely dictator daley and his cohorts. Chicago is #1 on my list of: Do not spend tourist dollars here.
    bzzzzt wrong, daley has been gone for a few months now,
    rahm emanual, one of obuma's boys is in charge now, not that means anything has changed but you really should get it right when complaining

Sponsored Links