Anti-Gun Hysteria In Terre Haute, Indiana

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun Hysteria In Terre Haute, Indiana within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police surround car after gun scare | wthitv.com This is how those who are seen carrying in Terre Haute, Indiana are commonly treated by both ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By Inspector71
  • 3 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Anti-Gun Hysteria In Terre Haute, Indiana

Anti-Gun Hysteria In Terre Haute, Indiana

Police surround car after gun scare | wthitv.com

This is how those who are seen carrying in Terre Haute, Indiana are commonly treated by both hoplophobic citizens, and a paranoid police department.

One THPD training officer informed me while I was visiting a firing range that he didn't care if carrying in Indiana was legal or not, if someone informed him that they were legally armed during a traffic stop, he would make life a living hell for them.

I responded to the topic under the name, GLHunter.

Please add your comments.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post

One THPD training officer informed me while I was visiting a firing range that he didn't care if carrying in Indiana was legal or not, if someone informed him that they were legally armed during a traffic stop, he would make life a living hell for them.
    And you should have filed a complaint with his department in a professionally written letter.

Great example of a TO, with an attitude like that.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    And you should have filed a complaint with his department in a professionally written letter.
    Another veteran officer informed me at the same location during another visit that he tried to have three troublemakers eliminated from the THPD, but wasn't able to do so because these sadistic individuals had connections. He said that too many psychologically unsuitable individuals were being passed onto the street due to improper screening methods.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Terre Haute is where I usually stop, get gas and rearm after driving through Illinois on I-70. It's also where I usually stop to put my gun away before heading into Illinois on my way back home.

I guess I should be extra careful when I am stopping to rearm next time.

We should be able to just take out a big eraser and erase Illinois off of road maps.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The Terre Haute PD can maintain their attitude if they wish, but it might be an expensive learning lesson for both them and the city...we'll see.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    A sheeple driving a semi truck! Who'd thunk it?
    Bark'n likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Terre Haute is where I usually stop, get gas and rearm after driving through Illinois on I-70. It's also where I usually stop to put my gun away before heading into Illinois on my way back home.

I guess I should be extra careful when I am stopping to rearm next time.

We should be able to just take out a big eraser and erase Chicago off of road maps.
    Fixed it for you.

Erase Chicago, and you'll have CCW in IL
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Speaking of Chicago, I'm guessing there was probably a big "get out the vote" campaign in all the cemeteries for Mayor Rahm's election.
    jwhite75, JDE101 and msgt/ret like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Speaking of Chicago, I'm guessing there was probably a big "get out the vote" campaign in all the cemeteries for Mayor Rahm's election.
    Undoubtedly! That's the Chicago way. Been that way forever, and doubt it will change anytime soon!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links