Man Poses as Apartment maintenance man to rob tenant

This is a discussion on Man Poses as Apartment maintenance man to rob tenant within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Neighbors On Edge After Daytime Robbery - Local News - Lexington, KY - msnbc.com Not far from where I live. Man said he was an ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue
  • 1 Post By Stubborn

Thread: Man Poses as Apartment maintenance man to rob tenant

Man Poses as Apartment maintenance man to rob tenant

Neighbors On Edge After Daytime Robbery - Local News - Lexington, KY - msnbc.com

Not far from where I live. Man said he was an apartment maintenance man to gain access to apartment. Could have been much worse. Just another reason NOT to answer the door, or at least be ARMED when you answer it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Not far from where I live. Man said he was an apartment maintenance man to gain access to apartment. Could have been much worse. Just another reason NOT to answer the door, or at least be ARMED when you answer it.
    Yep - I don't ever answer the door unarmed. If it is a customer I'm expecting or family, I keep it concealed. But if it is a door-to-door salesman or a Jehova's Witness or something I answer while open-carrying. Amazing how it changes people's incentive to sell me something.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    If it is a customer I'm expecting or family, I keep it concealed. But if it is a door-to-door salesman or a Jehova's Witness or something I answer while open-carrying. Amazing how it changes people's incentive to sell me something.
    - It may be a deterrent to some, but it may be an invitation to others. Unless you're home a majority of the time, knowing that a firearm is in the house may be just the incentive that someone may need to come back later when you are not home. Just some food for thought.
    JOHNSMITH likes this.

It's not a hard equation to figure out. Don't answer the door without a gun.

I've never been a person who is so anti-social that I refuse to answer the door. Although that is an option.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I noticed one of the Neighbours responses was they haven't had any problems in 5 years but if any more crime happened there that they would have to move,What an Idiot,crime can happen anywhere,you cannot move everytime crime happens,or your gonna run outta places to live
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - It may be a deterrent to some, but it may be an invitation to others. Unless you're home a majority of the time, knowing that a firearm is in the house may be just the incentive that someone may need to come back later when you are not home. Just some food for thought.
    Would you return to a home wondering if the gun-toting inhabitant was there or not, in the off chance that you might be able to steal the gun??
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I answer the door...but one hand is behind my back.
    8th ID likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Links