Police Impersonation during a Home Invasion - Page 2

Police Impersonation during a Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Police Impersonation during a Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you do not have a police scanner, you might want to bookmark this link on your computer. RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Police Impersonation during a Home Invasion

If you do not have a police scanner, you might want to bookmark this link on your computer. RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I just keep mine playing in the background. Admittedly, if they are kicking down your door, you don't have time to listen to the radio, but radio traffic..flashing blue lights..etc are all pretty good indicators that they are the real deal.

I have no doubt that I would be shot by the cops, real ones, because I can't hear. Just like all the other hearing impaired people. So I shoot first to stay alive then get my hearing aids and deal with the situation.
    Wot part of 'public servant' don't they understand!

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    ......... Admittedly, if they are kicking down your door, you don't have time to listen to the radio, but radio traffic..flashing blue lights..etc are all pretty good indicators that they are the real deal.
    May not have lights. But they are required to identify themselves which goes back to my previous post........
    Wot part of 'public servant' don't they understand!

That is very sticky situation to be in. I think the homeowner is very luck in all regards. It must of took some stones to unload when your wife is at gunpoint.

Second, they were attacked by 4 people! This makes me glad that I have purchased extended magazines for my guns and carry with a minimum of 14 rounds on me.

Third, it only confirms my thoughts about getting extra security measures around the house like security doors, motion lights, etc.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

Thankfully, Ventura County magistrates won't sign off on night service warrants. Someone yelling police after bedtime is going to be receiving a lead deposit. The policy has been in place since 1996 when Officer James Jensen was killed during a botched raid.

Ryan
    Bark'n likes this.
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    Thankfully, Ventura County magistrates won't sign off on night service warrants. Someone yelling police after bedtime is going to be receiving a lead deposit. The policy has been in place since 1996 when Officer James Jensen was killed during a botched raid.

Ryan
    As Lima posted earlier post #12, it's always good to know what goes on and the policies in your local area. Having that kind of information is critical intel for a person to have. I'm also sure the bad guys don't know that and will be getting a big surprise if they kick in your door.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    In a previous neighborhood I used to live about 5 years ago, I looked through my window in the front of the house, and saw 2 people sitting in a car I did not recognize. I have never seen them or the car before so I called the city police department on the non-emergency line. The person who answered immediately told me that they in fact were police detectives. I was pleasantly surprised about how efficient and responsive they were. So if you see suspicious activity outside your house and have time to call just do so (I understand this is not always possible).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links