AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood - Page 3

AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood

This is a discussion on AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What I wonder is, "Why Ft. Hood?". Was it a copycat move, or is there some reason that these Muslim soldiers are targeting that base ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood

  1. #31
    Member Array redbeardsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Athens, Georgia
    Posts
    368
    What I wonder is, "Why Ft. Hood?". Was it a copycat move, or is there some reason that these Muslim soldiers are targeting that base or community?


  2. #32
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,497
    Just FYI
    He was already being investigated for having Child Pornography on his Govt owned computer.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array Sig35seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    I wonder the same thing. We have all these men and women that walk around with absolutely no form of protection.

    Also, we see time and time again that these terrorists are Muslims. Why can't these politically correct people see that profiling is a valuable asset.
    "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims" I realize this is a generality. And I am by no means racist towards any group.
    But if time and time again we are attacked by a certain group of people.... when do we start taking extra caution with said group? Or do we just turn a blind eye for the sake of "not offending anyone"? What happens when that person you didn't want to offend blows up a school? Would that offense have been justified?
    Simple questions like these....I would love to ask Mr. O.

    PS: My opinions are not meant to offend anyone, I know a few Muslim people and they are good people. All men were created equal.
    These are interesting questions and it is frustrating to say the least. However, your post is somewhat contradictory. All men would NOT be equal if you racial profile a segment of the population. I hear people speak about the importance of upholding the constitution and then turn around and want to deny constitutional rights to Muslim Americans and also Mexican Americans. Arizona wants a law that allows the police to stop you and interrogate you just because you look Mexican.

    I hear people on this site get so angry when the police stop them for OC'ing and they get asked for ID. "It's my constitutional right!" they say. I agree with them. Can you imagine the anger these same people would have if they were stopped simply because they 'look' a certain way? Something you can't change and will affect your entire race. Do you really see this as treating all men equal? Or is the constitution only for a select group to enjoy?

    So, my question to you would be...

    Since your NOT racist and yet somehow in favor of profiling... if you were allowed to profile what group would you profile? Muslims? People who 'look' Muslim? People who look like terrorists? Before you answer I'll remind you that shoe bomber was black and Jihad Jane was a white women with blue eyes and no, not "all terrorists are Muslim."

    You say your comments are not meant to offend anyone. It certainly isn't offensive to you and yours but think for a minute... what if you and your family were Muslims and you were in the target group and these suggestions of 'profiling' are now being directed at you and your family? Wouldn't you be offended then?
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

  4. #34
    Member Array jdf3834's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Another Muslim...
    No pattern. No pattern whatsoever.

  5. #35
    Member Array jdf3834's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Eric Rudolph and Timothy McVeigh weren't Muslim.
    They weren't terrorists in the name of religion either.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Even the 9/11 hijackers weren't devout Muslims. By all accounts, they spent the evenings prior to the attack hanging out in strip clubs.
    Ask the families of the 3000 they killed whether or not they were devout. They were part of Al-Qaeda, which is a Muslim terrorist organization. No doubt about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    They were, however, extremists with views outside the norm.
    See a pattern here? List of Islamic Terror Attacks in America

  6. #36
    VIP Member Array paaiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Just FYI
    He was already being investigated for having Child Pornography on his Govt owned computer.
    On the govt.-owned computer... How much stupider can one get?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    They weren't terrorists in the name of religion either.Ask the families of the 3000 they killed whether or not they were devout. They were part of Al-Qaeda, which is a Muslim terrorist organization. No doubt about it.
    That... doesn't really mean anything. It's a "Muslim" organization that hates America. The KKK is a "Christian" group that hates non-whites. Do you think those guys are really devout Christians? I'm not here to start a debate on this issue, but my point is that just because someone is a member of a quasi-religious group doesn't mean they are devout believers.

    As for the Norway tragedy... Senseless and disheartening. I don't know what the deal is with the 21 year maximum sentence I've heard about, but I hope someone strings this guy up for all his buddies in the new knights templar to see.
    My blog

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

  7. #37
    VIP Member Array Guns and more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    2,391
    A. What ever happened to firing squads? This is treason IMO.

    B. I read today where Mjr. Hassan is still collecting his government paycheck since he has not been convicted.
    AAArrrggg!

  8. #38
    Senior Member Array Cold Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    66% of our soldiers during WWII were drafted, my father being one of them. I personally can't think of a more superior military force. You, of course, are entitled to your own opinion.
    You're wrong. I honestly don't know how a draft is even constitutional, but so it goes.

    Why would you want to have a people serving who don't even want to be in the military? How is that better?

    We have a much better military force now than we did in WWII. I'm not discrediting what they did at all, but the training was no where near what it is today.

  9. #39
    New Member Array srjgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    66% of our soldiers during WWII were drafted, my father being one of them. I personally can't think of a more superior military force. You, of course, are entitled to your own opinion.
    That's because that generation was so awesome. I wish our current generations had half of the guts, strength, and integrity those people had. I've spoken to quite a few WWII vets and family members of vets. Amazing people with a great attitude.

  10. #40
    Member Array RockBottom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by srjgolfer View Post
    That's because that generation was so awesome. I wish our current generations had half of the guts, strength, and integrity those people had. I've spoken to quite a few WWII vets and family members of vets. Amazing people with a great attitude.
    Thanks, but we're dragging the thread off topic. There are good soldiers in every generation and sadly, some bad apples also.

  11. #41
    Member Array Phoenixx6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    That... doesn't really mean anything. It's a "Muslim" organization that hates America. The KKK is a "Christian" group that hates non-whites. Do you think those guys are really devout Christians? I'm not here to start a debate on this issue, but my point is that just because someone is a member of a quasi-religious group doesn't mean they are devout believers.
    The key difference between the examples given, and I believe the difference between any violent Muslim organization and a non-Muslim one, is that while the KKK may be comprised of Christians I haven't heard them quoting the Bible with a belief that God put them here as better men with a God directed message of hate. They are violent offenders that happen to be Christian.

    These Muslims believe they have a God directed duty to commit these offences, it is faith based and faith centric. It is exactly why they say <God is Great!> before during and after their attacks. It is the faith in a better afterlife that yields at least some of them to commit these crimes. So even if they're not the best practicing I can't agree that they weren't devout.
    If they weren't Muslim would they still have done it? ...Maybe to Probably not...

  12. #42
    Senior Member Array Sig35seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx6 View Post
    The key difference between the examples given, and I believe the difference between any violent Muslim organization and a non-Muslim one, is that while the KKK may be comprised of Christians I haven't heard them quoting the Bible with a belief that God put them here as better men with a God directed message of hate. They are violent offenders that happen to be Christian.

    These Muslims believe they have a God directed duty to commit these offences, it is faith based and faith centric. It is exactly why they say <God is Great!> before during and after their attacks. It is the faith in a better afterlife that yields at least some of them to commit these crimes. So even if they're not the best practicing I can't agree that they weren't devout.
    If they weren't Muslim would they still have done it? ...Maybe to Probably not...
    Is it just the Muslim religion that has this "God directed message of hate"?

    If you find this message of hate so offensive then please don't be offended when I point out quotes in the Bible that are just as offensive.

    For a "God directed duty" to commit offenses against others you should open your bible to...

    Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB or take a look at Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT

    "If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him."

    JOHNSMITH likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

  13. #43
    Ex Member Array JOHNSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,726
    In addition, 2 Chronicles 15:13

    That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
    That particular one could easily justify an attack on a bus full of women and children.



    Exodus 22:20

    He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed

  14. #44
    Member Array Ianator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    304
    Remember this folks: Big difference between Old testament and New testament.

    ANYHOW... I am only contributing to the Off-Topic-ness of this thread so we can discuss here: Discussion about security

  15. #45
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,497
    OK...I know that it's difficult to avoid with regard to a thread topic like this one but, try really hard not to allow it to evolve into scriptural quotes and the new and old testament.





    9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.
    We discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one.
    Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

army downsizing awol
,
awol arrest without enlistment
,
awol soldier arrested with tons of gun powder.
,

fort hood bomber captured

,
fort hood copycat
,
fort hood copycat bomber
,
ft. hood copycat
,
ft.hood copycat awol
,

soldier-fort hook copyca

Click on a term to search for related topics.