AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood

This is a discussion on AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RockBottom Personally, I think they should reinstate the draft. When you have an all volunteer military, you have too many people volunteering ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: AWOL Soldier Arrested Over Concerns of Second Alleged Plot to Attack Fort Hood

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Personally, I think they should reinstate the draft. When you have an all volunteer military, you have too many people volunteering because they have an agenda other than serving this country. Because of the need for people in uniform, they are accepted when they otherwise would be rejected.
    In addition, more and more gang members are joining to get training to take back to the hood.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    What I wonder is, "Why Ft. Hood?". Was it a copycat move, or is there some reason that these Muslim soldiers are targeting that base or community?
    A couple of possibilities. Ft Hood is one of, if not the largest military installation in the U.S. Units from Hood have people moving in and out constantly so it is easy to just blend into the background. As long as you dress the part properly you can just be written off as a new guy who just transfered in. Also a lot of those people that are shipping out are on their way to Iraq or Afghanistan so eliminating key personnel from units there would in theory degrade the combat effectiveness of those units.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    In addition, more and more gang members are joining to get training to take back to the hood.
    I've heard of recruiters going into low income areas and aggressively recruiting kids there, promising financial aid for college. They go for the chance at an education in order to escape the hood, and only realize too late what it is they've gotten into.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    Remember this folks: Big difference between Old testament and New testament.

ANYHOW... I am only contributing to the Off-Topic-ness of this thread so we can discuss here: Discussion about security
    Important to remember also... "All scripture is inspired by God" (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB) New testament

That, of course, includes the scripture in the Old testament as well... so it can't be ignored.

Back to Fort Hood.
    I'll ask again.... your solution to the security problem appears to be profiling. Who exactly would you profile?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Let's keep in mind it wouldn't be difficult for a potential terrorist to change his/her name to, say, a traditional Arab or Persian name - at which point, one would normally assume they are not Muslim, but perhaps Ba'hai, Parsi, or Christian. So that doesn't work. In addition, we've seen non-Arab Islamic terrorists, including American-raised Caucasians. What do we do then?

Racially or ethnically based profiling is not a panacea.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links