2fer, citizens and their weapons FAIL

This is a discussion on 2fer, citizens and their weapons FAIL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Homeowner loses fight for gun: Police: Man arrested after breaking into West Boise home and wrestling gun away from resident inside | Treasure Valley Crime ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By dukalmighty
  • 2 Post By JOHNSMITH
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: 2fer, citizens and their weapons FAIL

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

2fer, citizens and their weapons FAIL

Homeowner loses fight for gun:

Police: Man arrested after breaking into West Boise home and wrestling gun away from resident inside | Treasure Valley Crime | Idaho Statesman

Man possibly killed with his own AR:

Body found near KY strip mine identified as murder victim | wbir.com

Different scenarios, same conclusion. Do what ever possible to make sure nobody uses your gun against you!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Nobody can just walk into my house,doors are kept dead bolted,if they force their way in the conversation will go something like bang bang bang...... 911 whats your emergency
    Bark'n, 8th ID and garyacman like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Humans have a natural aversion to killing another human being. There are too many people who buy a gun but have never really thought about possibly having to take the life of another human. That is a perfect recipe for the kind of hesitation that will get you killed with your own gun.
    8th ID and Old School like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Nobody can just walk into my house,doors are kept dead bolted,if they force their way in the conversation will go something like bang bang bang...... 911 whats your emergency
    Exactly!

And they are not just kicking in my door either. All doors are steel, with steel reinforced door jams and 3 inch screws on the hinges and strike plates.
    garyacman likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I highly recommend firearm owners read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. He gets a bit preachy with regard to video games and movies, but the chapters dealing with the deep seated inhibitions most of us are born with are outstanding. Don't just assume that since you own a gun, you will be able to pull the trigger when the time comes. That's part of the purpose of imagining scenarios.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    I highly recommend firearm owners read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. He gets a bit preachy with regard to video games and movies, but the chapters dealing with the deep seated inhibitions most of us are born with are outstanding. Don't just assume that since you own a gun, you will be able to pull the trigger when the time comes. That's part of the purpose of imagining scenarios.

Ryan
    In the same vein, there's a documentary on youtube called "the truth about killing." It is split into several parts. It was originally broadcast in the UK. Has a good amount of content from Grossman as well. I thought it was quite informative and learned a lot from it. It made me question myself as well.

To everyone here...Make up your mind right now. If you are willing to defend you and your family GREAT...If you cant..Put your guns away..They will do you no good...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To everyone here...Make up your mind right now. If you are willing to defend you and your family GREAT...If you cant..Put your guns away..They will do you no good...
    Some people may like guns for sport or hunting. Killing humans is probably hard for most without training, but even with training, guns can be taken away and used against you. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Some people may like guns for sport or hunting. Killing humans is probably hard for most without training, but even with training, guns can be taken away and used against you. Live and learn.
    The bold...Some dont live and learn, they live, need there weapon then die. Ill stick to my above statement.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

i know as a cbt vet i can pull the trigger,but cbt is diffent from home defence. i belive i can to save a human life.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

I highly recommend firearm owners read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman.

Ryan
    That's a book I've been wanting to read for several years. I recently downloaded it to my Kindle but am in the middle of another book right now. It's next in line.

But if I were someone else, I wouldn't be betting that I won't pull the trigger, or even hesitate. If it's needed, that's what I'll do.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Ryan
    I bought "On Killing" two Christmas ago for each member of my squad. Not all read it.

It is surprising how many "new breed" LEO's who have not been in the military or ever been in a fight for that matter hesitate when asked directly, " Could you take a life if your life or the life of another was at stake"?
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Is it odd that I don't think of killing anyone?

If I ever have to act, I squeeze the trigger to stop the threat.

Someone dying as a result of squeezing the trigger is a potential side effect but by no means a guarantee.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links