Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det.

This is a discussion on Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The LEO survived being shot in the femoral artery which left him unconscious from blood loss. That's a miracle right there. Glad he was able ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The LEO survived being shot in the femoral artery which left him unconscious from blood loss. That's a miracle right there.

Glad he was able to run, use cover and return fire. That's about the best you can do against multiple armed attackers that have the drop on you.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Reading about the demise of dirtbags brings me great joy.
    Ok, that's fine. I don't really care that much anyway; it just seems a little odd. I realize there are lots of people here who have carried guns professionally, so I'm not trying to be condescending, but it's easy to feel that way when some other guys are out there doing the work.

I know a lot of people who laugh at movie deaths and seem happy when some criminal gets taken out.

Yeah, it seems cool that people are out there getting some in Afghanistan, but it's more complex than that. Killing bad guys is fine, but in my opinion, it isn't a joking matter.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    It's too bad we follow some of the provisions of the Geneva Convention. Some things outlined in it are relevant, but many things are not. Winning requires the ability to do whatever it takes to survive. The last nation standing rights the history books after all. It's certain provisions within that document that require us to use less effective ammunition for the primary weapons for our soldiers after all. We use better (more effective) ammunition for SD and hunting in this nation every day of every year, and have been for many years now.

I think many Americans have lost sight of what it takes to keep our freedom. That fact will get us killed as a nation at some point.

As far as career filth being killed in the commission of a crime, I too like hearing those stories. Why? The first of the two juries I sat on I gave some scumbag his 27th felony conviction after he tried to kill a man by stabbing him to death. I had to settle for the lesser charge because some of the other jurors felt sorry for the guy because he had a "disability" that he used to garner sympathy. How we can tolerate career filth in this nation who live on the law abiding peoples' dime is beyond me. We should have set limit and you're force fed a lead diet policy after you hit that level. The money this nation as a whole would save is tremendous.
    How are other nations currently threatening our freedom? Freedom is slowly being eroded away in Washington D.C., however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    How are other nations currently threatening our freedom? Freedom is slowly being eroded away in Washington D.C., however.
    On this we can agree.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Are you talking about murder? Walking up to a wounded combatant and finishing him off?

I understand the logic, and I'm not necessarily inclined to disagree with it, but rules be rules.
    No I am not saying I would walk up to him and shoot him again, I am just saying I would rather not have to perform medical treatment on any EPWs that have killed or will kill more American Soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    No I am not saying I would walk up to him and shoot him again, I am just saying I would rather not have to perform medical treatment on any EPWs that have killed or will kill more American Soldiers.
    Word. I mostly agree. Performing medical services should in no way put U.S. servicemen at risk, but there are probably times where it should be used.

In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." Somewhere along the line, warfighting has moved away from that concept.

It's one of the principles in the laws of war.

Are you that naive? The enemy isn't playing by a rule book. Of course they wouldn't do the same for us.
    I'm not being naive, I was being sarcastic...

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    It's too bad we follow some of the provisions of the Geneva Convention. Some things outlined in it are relevant, but many things are not. Winning requires the ability to do whatever it takes to survive. The last nation standing rights the history books after all. It's certain provisions within that document that require us to use less effective ammunition for the primary weapons for our soldiers after all. We use better (more effective) ammunition for SD and hunting in this nation every day of every year, and have been for many years now.

I think many Americans have lost sight of what it takes to keep our freedom. That fact will get us killed as a nation at some point.

As far as career filth being killed in the commission of a crime, I too like hearing those stories. Why? The first of the two juries I sat on I gave some scumbag his 27th felony conviction after he tried to kill a man by stabbing him to death. I had to settle for the lesser charge because some of the other jurors felt sorry for the guy because he had a "disability" that he used to garner sympathy. How we can tolerate career filth in this nation who live on the law abiding peoples' dime is beyond me. We should have set limit and you're force fed a lead diet policy after you hit that level. The money this nation as a whole would save is tremendous.

My second trial was a civil one, where a family had a history of scamming other people and getting money/property. Criminals yet again. I can't stand people like that. They spend more time thinking of ways to cheat people when they could just work an honest job and live an honest life.

I work hard to have what I have, and I take pride in that fact. That's the way my parents taught my brother and I to live. That's how they were taught to live. That's the lifestyle that is losing ground in this nation, and that is a damn shame.
    I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    If a suspicious party entered a hospital looking for treatment, then I would suspect that the Det did score a few hits.

Good thing that Bush signed HR218 in 2004 or that Det would have had to go unarmed to Florida.
    It is worse than that.

The NY detective got to save his butt because FL recognized his right to carry.

But had a Floridian carried in NY and had defended himself, he would be in prison for the simple act of carrying in NY. Never mind that he fired his weapon.

Actually I wish there was a way FL could arrest him for unlawful possession of a firearm.

You're being naive. Our soldiers should have the most lethal ammunition available to them. We aren't exactly shooting enemy combatants to subdue them after all. Whether the enemy fighting us be an actual nation, or radical groups, it matters not. An enemy who wants to end what we stand for is a viable threat when armed and attacking us. There can be no mistaking that, as many seem to want to do, in this nation no less. I'm not understanding how people can think that, when those that attacked us (and others who hate us) stated openly they only wish they would have killed more of us...

I'm not saying we summarily execute enemy combatants if the bullets that hit them didn't kill them. I do suggest that if anyone else was hurt, and this goes for people hurt in an armed robbery, is that everyone who was not the criminal/BG gets medical treatment before the criminal/BG does. In many cases we treat the criminals first in this nation, then the victims. That's just messed up IMHO.

The threat to our borders also comes from within. There are many that think we don't need an armed force to "persuade" others not to attack. That's absurd. That's the same logic used by the same people who want to disarm the general populace. That is why I support the NRA. It's an organization of people who understand the importance of the Second Amendment, and the need to defend ourselves personally, and nationally, from those who wish to take advantage of the responsible members of this great nation.

This seems to be about the time that a mod will come in and close this thread. I like to talk about this stuff because it is more dynamic than the arguments about the performance of .357 vs. .45.

I'm not sure how I'm being naive. WWII was a real threat to freedom, and the cold war had the potential, but I'm not sure what armed conflicts in the last 65 years have truly threatened the American way of life. It seems like there is bigger stuff going on here at home. 9/11 was a big deal, but was it truly an attack on freedom? It was a mass murder, and it was stemmed from the fact that a small group of people did not like American ideals. However, is it more of an attack on liberty than the patriot act or the fact that my grandchildren are going to be burdened with trillions of dollars of debt?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeo View Post
    The NY detective got to save his butt because FL recognized his right to carry.

But had a Floridian carried in NY and had defended himself, he would be in prison for the simple act of carrying in NY.
    A Miami detective could carry in NYC, thanks to LEOSA.

Actually I wish there was a way FL could arrest him for unlawful possession of a firearm.
    Wait, what?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Dude, are these comments completely necessary? Whenever someone posts an article about a gang banger or somebody of less than questionable character getting shot, you rejoice. Yeah, they've done some bad things, but killing humans is a serious act no matter the circumstances.
    I agree with repsupt99. It would have been nice if the detective would have taken care of those 2 on the spot.

Dude, are these comments completely necessary? Whenever someone posts an article about a gang banger or somebody of less than questionable character getting shot, you rejoice. Yeah, they've done some bad things, but killing humans is a serious act no matter the circumstances.

I guess it's all fun and games on the internet.
    While I agree witht he seriousness of your reply, make no mistake, the perps were NOT trying to wound the cop. They shot to kill him just didnt get it done. There is no shame in admitting they deserved the same in return. Let the same thing happen to you or yours and lets see if you shoot to PAUSE the threat or STOP it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    A Miami detective could carry in NYC, thanks to LEOSA.

Wait, what?

While poorly worded, I think he is making social commentary on how NYC police would have PROBABLY treated a visiting LEO carrying in their fine city. Stating turnabout would be fairplay?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links